Coordinator, International Programming
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Coordinator, International Programming
Administrative support to the International Programming team, primarily in the areas of curation of A+E's global programming inventory, upkeep of centralized programming information tools, and various meeting organization and materials preparation. Additionally, administrative support to the Vice President, International Programming, as well as to members of the Programming team, as directed.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
With direction from the Manager, International Programming:
• Enter, update and upkeep Programming inventory information / data in the company's central distribution system (containing 17,000+ program hours with 1300+ fresh hours added annually)
• Support International's quarterly catalog release process, from program information collection to edit to ingest
• Support major Sales market program catalog creation and edit (MIPCOM, MIPTV, NATPE)
• Assist on all program tagging, bundling and packaging projects
• Support the set-up and materials gathering and distribution for the Programming team's regularly scheduled update meetings to Channel Partners, Global Content Sales and Digital Distribution. Assist with all Programming related events as needed.
• Provide administrative support to Vice President and other senior members of the team (meetings, T&E management, etc).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
As part of the A+E Networks' International team, you will learn all about what it means to be part of a key growth area for a global media portfolio that operates 80 channels in over 200 territories in 42 languages. Our global brands - among the strongest in the media business - include A&E; HISTORY; Lifetime; H2; FYI; Crime + Investigation; Blaze; Bio among others.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS]
- An individual with strong organization, communication skills and ability to manage an ongoing volume of data and information in a fun, but deadline-oriented work environment. Attention to detail and ability multi-task and analyze workflows is recommended. 1 to 3 years experience in television or film production or programming (or related areas in the media industry, such as at a footage or photo archive) a must. Experience with data entry and learning new database systems, as well as demonstrated experience with working on multiple projects and/or various pipelines of information and clients also required. Strong interpersonal skills, with a team-oriented attitude are key to this position. Microsoft Office proficient required. Understanding of International program distribution, a plus. Candidates with archive / library science backgrounds are invited to apply. Undergraduate Degree.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Original Programming (Network and Studio)
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.