Coordinator, History Scheduling
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Coordinator, History Scheduling
The Coordinator of History Scheduling works as part of the History Scheduling, Acquisition, and Strategy team. Responsibilities include maintaining the PAC process for the department and working with the team to maximize ratings across the History affiliated networks. The coordinator will work with internal and external production teams to acquire, screen, log and organize short form inventory for use in enhancements and specials. The coordinator will research and obtain footage/stills from vendor websites for use in History specials. Additionally, the position adds administrative support to the SVP of History Strategy and Acquisitions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Coordinator, History Scheduling:
• Manage the PAC process by compiling information and organizing monthly Series and Development approval documents
• Assist internal Supervising Producer with various tasks related to producing series enhancements and specials
• Screen and log programs from A+E Archive Library for use in pitches, proposals, enhancements, and specials
• Research and obtain footage and stills on vendor websites for use in various History programming
• Work with Production Companies and Programming team to obtain screeners, snap in/short form and combo credits
• Work closely with Stamford Operations facility and Production groups to ensure production deadlines and timely delivery of materials
• Create ad-hoc department presentations
• Work with the manager of scheduling to track and disseminate competitive information
• Manages the desk of the SVP of Strategy and Acquisitions, handling administrative duties as needed
• Assist with the Acquisition team to screen and evaluate potential new programs for consideration
• The coordinator should be collaborative and have a willingness to contribute to new programming strategies on History linear and non-linear platforms
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The coordinator is required to have high attention to detail. You'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You'll be part of the team that builds the programming schedule from top to bottom as well as creating enhanced content for the channel. You'll use both analytics and creativity in this role. You'll be asked for new ideas to help infuse the schedule with strength and to learn what drives the History audience. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A+E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs, and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• Bachelor's degree in communications, film, television or related field
• Strong computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent attention to detail, strong communication & organizational skills
• Ability to multitask and adapt quickly
• Knowledge of television programming and the pop culture competitive landscape
• Strong interest in data analysis and applying data-based solutions a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
As the saying goes, timing is everything - and no one understands that more than the Scheduling team. In addition to understanding the competitive landscape, we take deep analytical dives into the how's and when's of consumer behavior to ensure we always get the maximum number of eyeballs on our stories. Right next door in Acquisitions, we're focused on buying, licensing and using data to better understand our audience. We're also master negotiators who hate to lose, even if it's a game of ping-pong. Known for building relationships with key distributors, studios, independent producers and foreign network execs, we ensure Lifetime Nets are top of mind when, say, a multimillion-dollar theatrical movie package is being shopped. Do you thrive in a high-stakes, deadline-driven environment? We sure do.