Commercial Operations Assistant
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISION'S STORY More than a century after P.T. Barnum, Ad Sales has proven that the entertainment business has changed and money is made when honesty, business acumen and industry knowledge come together to solve clients' problems. As the biggest breadwinner for the company, we are continually searching for way to bring new dollars into the fold. Driven by strong creative and rooted in data and strategy, we provide advertisers with the valuable exposure they need in the specific markets they want to reach. So if you've got an aptitude for data and planning as well as a salesperson's drive, we'd like you under our big top. Extra points if you can juggle.
THE ROLE: Commercial Operations Assistant
The Copy Assistant enters, maintains, and revises Commercial instructions for all of our on-air Advertisers into the Gabriel database. They provide high-level internal and external customer service.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Schedule/Revise Commercial Creative for air.
• Identify missing copy. Receive, organize, and file traffic instructions. Identify and enter Advertiser Code (Ad-ID) into Gabriel System.
• Client spots are applied to the broadcast log for air as per their instructions.
• Check copy instructions for accuracy.
• Run validation report to verify all copy instructions entered into Gabriel on specific date. Check co-worker's report vs. instructions for accuracy.
• Prevent copy errors and avoid potential loss of revenue.
• Communicate with Advertising Agencies & Ad Sales
• Call or email agencies to request missing materials for scheduled units if not provided in advance. Establish contact with Ad Sales team to assist with various issues. Ensure all units are allocated, scheduled, and constrained properly.
• Maintain strong working relationship with both Agency and Ad Sales contacts.
• Special Checks for High-Profile Shows
• Run Current Commercial Slotting reports in Gabriel for specific Sell Titles of Ad Sales special or High-Profile shows. Verify correct commercial traffic is entered for each unit booked.
• Ensure high-valued spots and important clients are being serviced properly.
• Communicate with co-workers to share required information
• Follow up on delivery status with Tape Assistants. Update Log Builders on missing/problematic units. Confer with specialist/management regarding high-level problem-solving/resolution.
• Establish positive and effective workflow within department.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
First and foremost as a member of A+E Networks Ad Sales you will learn how to be a team player in a fast-paced, innovative environment. You will learn how to become a content matter expert in every aspect of our business. From programming to marketing to research and analytics you will learn the mission for each brand, the content they represent and the audiences they reach. You will learn how to take this knowledge and share it with current and potential advertising partners. You will learn how to persuade them to partner with us. You will learn budgetary goals and how the ad sales team is on the frontline in generating revenue for the organization. You will learn how to build relationships inside and outside the organization. You will learn how to have fun throughout this process. You will learn that this is a special place to work.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• High School, some college or industry-related education
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• Basic computer knowledge
• Gabriel, Panda, Outlook, Mediaflex preferred
• 1-2 years Traffic experience preferred
• Written and oral communication skills
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.