Cable System and AV Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Cable System and AV Engineer
Manage and support the Cable System and Audio Video infrastructure in the AE Networks New York headquarters. Areas include: Video Conference rooms, collaboration spaces, executive and staff offices, common areas with A/V and digital signage and the commons presentation area.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Manage and maintain the Hospitality and Time Warner in-house cable services in the at N.Y.
• Provide support for all AV office request
• Provide AV assistance for the campus wide systems and conference rooms including executive level support for sensitive and/or high-profile events
• Provide training to Post Production engineering on new equipment and systems. Maintain system documentation
• Provide backup offsite support for all required corporate events
• Provide production support for large scale presentations in the commons area
• Provide Support for the Digital Signage and TV systems distributed throughout the campus
• Assist engineering on technical problems within Post Production
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• A.S. Degree
• 5-7 years in corporate AV support
• Basic understanding of RF, Network LAN/WAN, infrastructure and topology.
• Basic Understanding of IT protocols (FTP, HTTP, SSH, etc.)
• Strong practical knowledge of video and audio conferencing systems
• Strong practical experience with video and audio presentation technologies and standards
• PC and Apple Operating System knowledge
• Basic Electronics
This position is a client facing support position that requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Interaction with senior executives is frequent and problem solving requires the ability to provide resolution in a timely manner, while providing assurances in a professional manner.
• B.S. degree in related field
• Polycom Certificate
• Crestron Programming Certification
• Cisco CMA Certification
• 10 years in corporate AV support
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''\''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.\''