Business Intelligence Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Business Intelligence Engineer
The Technology team at A+E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to improve our business processes and work experience by innovating solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team, utilizing each other's strengths, doing what needs to be done and picking each other up as needed.
We want all members of the team to show up every day with a passion for their job and care that it gets done well. We will want you to partner with the business and fellow technologist to make sure we are delivering best-of-class solutions that can make a real impact on their day-to-day jobs. You should be able to work autonomously while delivering on time and on budget. In addition, we will look for you to explore new features and market standards in BI and bring it to practice wherever applicable.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Analyze, Design, Build and deploy BI solutions:
• Designs, develops and tests BI solutions such as databases, data warehouses, queries and views, reports, and dashboards.
• Assists in data conversions, imports, and exports of data within and between internal and external software systems.
• Documents new and existing models, solutions, and implementations.
• Explores the data and discovers patterns, meaningful relationships, anomalies, and trends.
Support BAU tasks:
• Troubleshoots BI tools, systems, and software.
• Tracks performance and production issues.
• Assist in performance tuning of BI applications.
• Escalates production issues as appropriate.
• Ensures the data is within required quality standards.
BI Platform support:
• Analyzes and tests new releases/versions of Tableau software.
• Manage user license
• Manage user access
User training of Tableau and other BI Tools:
• Train customers in the use of the business intelligence tools to enhance business decision-making capability ex: Tableau Desktop
• Trains users to transform data into action-oriented information and to use that information correctly ex: Tableau Prep.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to be exposed to the latest technologies in Big Data – whether it be Snowflake, Spark, AWS, Python, Tableau, or the latest AI-related software. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. You'll be working closely with the data engineering team and business analysts who support different business groups like Ad Sales, research, Programming, Rights and Distribution. You will work along with them to build BI solutions including dashboards, reports and self-service BI tools. Also, you will be interacting directly with business users to train and help them to derive business insights
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and relevant job experience.
• 3+ years working with Datawarehouse, business intelligence, ETL/ELT and particularly in building visualization using Tableau.
• Experience with writing SQL's.
• Experience with Python or any other programming language to prepare data and orchestrate data ingestion and loading.
• Experience in data modelling will be an advantage.
• Curiosity – constantly be looking for new technologies or solutions on the marketplace that innovate how we do things and provide new value to our business.
• Desire to make things better and get it done, whatever it may take.
• Ability to work in multiple projects as a team member, sometimes as a technical lead.
• Preferable – experience in the Cable Television industry.
• Preferable – experience in Python, snowflake.
• Preferable – Tableau Admin experience.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!