Business Analyst, International and Digital Solutions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Business Analyst, International and Digital Solutions
The Business Analyst, International and Digital Solutions is a high visibility, client-facing role that requires you to be able to communicate with our business partners in their language to understand their operational technology and related strategic needs. The Business Analyst will need to have a broad view of all systems, process and business functions that interface with one another across International business function as well as those outside of this ecosystem that are impacting. This is a leadership and service-oriented position which requires someone who can get the job done no matter what obstacles are encountered. It is part project manager, part business analyst, part product manager and part intrapreneur.
Above all, you be part of a high performing team and create and maintain productive business relationships that will provide the foundation for delivering impactful technology solutions.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Analyze existing business processes and systems functionality
• Propose new or updated solutions to growing and changing business needs
• Document detailed requirements in a way that will be understandable and clear to all stakeholders
• Work with Dev and QA teams to ensure proper delivery of solutions
• Drive our Agile-based development cycles, ensuring that customer priorities are represented, the development team is progressing down the right path, and that the team delivers what we've committed to on-time and with a high level of quality.
• Conduct UAT sessions with business partners gaining acceptance as to what was scoped and built
• Build solutions, applications, tools & processes supporting critical functions of A E enterprise and ensure that the business areas have an overall positive experience in all forms of technology.
• Participate in technology driven initiatives that support the advancement of our technology stack creating a secure and up to date environment
• Be an active team member of the Technology Department
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational technology solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new technologies and implement them where they make sense. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and relevant job experience.
• 5 years working with applications and technology solutions that are vendor supported and custom developed, as well as have experience with implementations of medium-large scale projects.
• Analytical skills – The ability to take a scientific approach towards problem solving, whether involving analysis of raw data, observation or conducting interviews with key stakeholders. You can work methodically and in an organized fashion towards solving the problem.
• Curiosity – Constantly be looking for new technologies on the marketplace, or new internal processes that innovate how we do things and provide new value to our business. Your attitude is that if you don't know or can't figure it out, you figure out a way or find the right person or resources to help you.
• Desire to make things better and get it done, whatever it may take.
• Integrations – Some understanding of and experience with technology components/systems talking to one another and sharing information.
• Proactive – You don't wait to be told what to do. You're here to contribute and work hard. You want to ensure that you're working on the right things at the right time with the right priorities. If you aren't sure, you aren't afraid to ask.
• Project Management - Ability to manage projects and people, as well as the ability to influence and manage relationships where no direct line of report exists. The ability to make reasonable time estimates for how long work will take and support other team members in doing the same.
• Communications and Presentation Skills – You're comfortable standing in front of a group of people and explaining your work, with a clear understanding of how to gear the message towards for the specific audience.
• Business Writing – skilled at clear and concise business writing.
• Data – Some understanding of data and databases and how they drive systems. Some SQL experience desirable.
• Digital – Some experience with or understanding of HTML, CSS, WordPress (or other content management systems).
• Microsoft Office – Experience with, or the ability and desire to learn, MS Office analytical tools such as Excel and Visio, and if necessary MS Project.
• Preferable – experience in the Cable Television industry and in the Rights and Programming business areas.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
A E's Technology team is deep-rooted in the heart of our business. We have great people and great technologies, and together we take on the toughest challenges. As innovators, we choose to iterate, pivot, and adapt quickly. We've reinvented the way A E leverages technology to produce and sell world-class content. We've modernized our core solutions and embraced a cloud first approach. Perched on the virtues of our ''Technology Code'', we make technology better, create solutions together, and most of all, we have fun with it. Our team members are motivated individuals who help each other do remarkable things every day. Together we deliver best-in-class solutions that transform the way A E works. If this sounds like something you want to be a part of, we want to hear from you!