Associate Producer, Development & Programming
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/22/2022 10:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Film and TV Development Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Associate Producer, Development & Programming jobs in New York-NY
Search all Associate Producer, Development & Programming postings
Full Time Job
The majority of our employees will have flexibility that allows them to choose a predominantly remote, predominantly in-office, or hybrid setup. Our official in-office locations in the United States includes LA, NYC, Stamford, and Chicago, and we have several other states in which employees may work remotely if their role isn't one that requires them to be in or near the office. We value the health and safety of our people above all else, and our onsite attendance policies reflect that. If there is an on-site requirement for a role, it will be listed in the job description.
For those employees who would like to utilize our offices, full vaccination for COVID-19 is required for physical presence in A+E Networks workplaces. While A+E Networks will consider reasonable
accommodation requests regarding this policy in accordance with applicable law, such requests will not be considered until a conditional offer of employment is extended to a candidate. Applicants should not submit any medical or health information in connection with their application for employment.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Our mission is to be different, diversified and necessary. And to make money (put another way, to monetize the content by all A E Networks and platforms). We are a sales force that represents a portfolio of innovative culture brands and dynamic advertising solutions. The strength of our portfolio is how we are able to speak to a wide range of audience interests, connect with original creative story telling and through multiple always-on distribution touchpoints, deliver a premium, safe environment for advertisers. We pride ourselves on reliable, accountable and best-in-class service. If this sounds like you, we'd like you to be one of us.
THE ROLE: Associate Producer, Development & Programming A&E
The Associate Producer for A&E serves as a key member of the team working to support both the development and production teams. The Associate Producer will track the status of ongoing projects and deliverables for both development and production, assist executives with all aspects of creative from casting, creating decks, research, and work with freelance production teams on active shows and manage show deliverables for shows aired. The ideal candidate for this position is a highly-organized, highly-motivated and experienced AP who has worked on a wide range on nonfiction projects. They should also be able to communicate effectively with outside producers, give smart creative notes on projects and understand network priorities. We are looking for someone who wants to go above and beyond to make the merely good, great.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Generate ideas and identify new talent – have your eyes and ears open to news, pop culture, internet trends, interesting worlds, and potential breakout characters…anything that can inspire an unscripted series for A&E
• Work closely with Executives to manage assigned shows, which also means helping to give critical notes and have the experience and ability to lock cuts on own
• Manage and update various AirTable bases, which tracks all departmental information from project status, freelancer details, workloads, etc
• Work with show's associate producers in post-production and manage workflow of deliverables to upload, which includes (but not limited to) final script, lower thirds, credits, shot sheet and all available releases.
• BA/BS Degree with preferably at least 3 years experience in tv production
• A positive and collaborative attitude
• Experience noting shows and locking cuts
• Great attention to detail and follow-through
• Strong creative skills
• Strong communication, organizational and administrative skills are essential.
• Candidate must have the ability to take direction from more than one individual, work independently and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Must be able to work well in a team environment and maintain strong relationships with internal and external partners and suppliers.
• Ability to Skype with potential talent a plus.
• Experience in Final Cut Pro a plus
• Passion for all things Content
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.