Associate Producer, Content Creation
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
Associate Producer, Content Creation (Temp)
THE ROLE: Associate Producer, Content Creation (Temp)
The Associate Producer, Content Creation provides support to our Stamford Post Production team, reporting to the Supervising Producer, Content Creation. A E Networks prides itself on innovative storytelling that resonates with our viewers and makes a difference in their lives.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• This associate producer position specifically supports History Channel's ''American Pickers: Best Of'' show. Candidates for this position must be energetic, collaborative, and creative and have a familiarity with pop culture, the History brand and its show ''American Pickers.''
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail – you're able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively. You'll work closely with the Producer to determine support needed for the specific project, including research, media and edit support, shoots, and record/mix sessions. You'll work with Legal & Business Affairs to create Rights Bibles and support materials, including conformed scripts, shot sheets, music cue sheets, 3rd party footage releases, etc.
• Fantastic communication skills – you'll work closely with creative partners, third party vendors, production staff and editors; to support these relationships you must be comfortable receiving and implementing feedback and able to communicate clearly and effectively as well as extensive note-taking and documentation and contributing to project brainstorming and development meetings.
• Professional development – you have a working understanding of post-production technology, including nonlinear editing platforms, video and audio standards and file formats and are eager to learn and expand your knowledge to better support your projects.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 3 years production/post-production experience
• Collaborative and team-oriented approach
• Bachelor's degree in Television Production/Communication or equivalent.
• Working Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months.
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.