Associate Producer, Broadband
A+E NetworksStamford, CT
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Associate Producer, Broadband
The Associate Producer (AP), under the direction of the Broadband Manager, will be responsible for many of the day-to-day production and maintenance needs of the broadband sites, apps and OTT products. The AP can expect to work directly with the Broadband Manager, Supervisor, Producers and Associate Producers as well as other, internal departments.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Assist the Broadband team with coordination and acquisition of daily video updates
• Ensure video content has been delivered to brand VMS accounts
• Assist internal departments with the production, development and maintenance of A E video players, content, and platforms
• Create/edit/curate thumbnail images as needed.
• Perform multiplatform testing of all new or updated content for accuracy and performance to ensure a satisfactory user experience.
• Support the Broadband Manager's ongoing assignments with various departments (Digital Media, Analytics, Ad Operations, Ad Sales, On-Air Programming, Marketing, IT and Digital Content Services).
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to create great content. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to get our content out the door and on the eyes of the world. Collaborate with Programming, Scheduling, and Legal to name just a few of the stakeholders in our organization. You will challenge your creative spirit as we embrace the technological advances to producing and delivering award winning content and sharing globally.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum 2-3 years of prior experience in digital media/production or related field.
• Working knowledge of video production, post-production and digital platforms.
• Must have exceptional organizational skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) with the ability to work well in small and large groups
• Must have a positive, adaptable attitude, and competent in a high-stress, high-pressure environment
• Must have a self-managed, proactive work style
• Must be able to work weekends
• Experience working within multiple CMS applications to execute web and mobile production tasks
• General knowledge of Mobile/OTT apps and processes
• General knowledge of HTML
• Knowledge and experience in web-publishing platforms and video-publishing platforms (ThePlatform, YouTube, Dailymotion etc.)
• Current knowledge of the digital competitive landscape as well as interest in the latest digital trends
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISION'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.