A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Fourteen straight years of double digit growth. Thanks to our International Team, which specializes in taking US hits and making them global hits. We are an energetic group of die-hard travelers with a strong track record of identifying and acquiring winning programming from the English language, European and Asian markets. We currently manage 76 channels around the world with staff offices in London, Rome, Tokyo, Seoul, Munich and Singapore, and we're fluent in at least 42 languages. Parlez-vous français? Ni hui shuo zhongwen ma? If you answered ''yes'' (in any language) and enjoy having your passport stamped, our department might just be your next destination.
THE ROLE: Associate Editor
Do you want to help answer history's biggest questions? A E Networks seeks an Associate Editor specializing in SEO to help make History and Biography's stories discoverable and informative.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Do keyword and question research, producing organized reports to power multi-platform content production.
• Update and optimize content daily, focusing on linking and metadata improvements – get deep in the content and make it perform better.
• Monitor metrics and assist the Director of Content Strategy in setting priorities.
• Build content; this is a production job.
• Find new ways to make content work harder such as auditing content for videos, looking for new ways to path readers, etc.
• Copy editing as needed.
• Work on projects as needed including video creation, YouTube and social executions that can benefit from search data.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn while working with a highly collaborative team. Additionally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
• 2-3 years' production and SEO experience.
• Experience with tools such as Google AdWords, SEMRush, Conductor, etc.
• Working knowledge of Word Press or other content management systems, as well as Photoshop.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Solid understanding of metrics to inform publishing decisions.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team: Success in these job depends on your ability to communicate clearly, collaborate, compromise and build trust.
• Some experience writing.
• Ability to multi-task and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
• A love of history and entertainment.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.