A+E NetworksNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 6/9/2020 8:37:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Radio Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Assistant Editor jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant Editor postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant Editor? Assistant Editor Temp
THE ROLE: Assistant Editor Temp
The A+E Production Operations-Post Production Assistant Editor provides technical and creative support to the Manhattan facility's numerous AVID and Premiere edit sessions, which mainly generate short form and promotional content for linear and non-linear distribution. Each Assistant Editor focuses on a specific brand (A&E, History, Lifetime, etc.), and works closely with the brand editors, associate producers, and producers to determine daily and/or ongoing workloads; accounting for varying priorities and deadlines
Working hours are consistent, but may be 830-5p, 11-730p, or 5-130a
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Daily Responsibilities – Technical
• Ingest all baseband and file-based source content into shared media storage systems for AVID and Premiere
• Format and generate exports for broadcast, non-linear, and other/ancillary distribution; then passing along the content for QC and actual delivery
Daily Responsibilities – Creative
• Support all promotional and short form content creation editors; which includes, but is not limited to
• Syncing and grouping shoot footage
• Screening and pulling selects, music, and/or sound effects
• Generating sting-outs
• Formatting content for final delivery to a variety of platforms, including archiving
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The Assistant Editor role is the lynchpin of all our internal short form production. By interfacing with a variety of production partners on a constant basis, you'll gain an understanding of the entire production chain – from conception to execution to delivery – your role within the chain, and how you may grow within that chain to advance your own career within the industry
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 2-4 years supporting technical and/or creative editorial operations in a high-volume broadcast facility
• Working knowledge of AVID Media Composer, AVID Interplay, Adobe Premiere, shared media storage systems (ISIS, Terrablock, Nexis, etc.), transcoding systems (Vantage, Adobe Media Encoder, etc.), and accelerated internet transfer systems (Signiant, Aspera)
• Familiarity with standard broadcast file and tape formats: Prores, MXF, HDCam, etc.
• Strong communication skills, ability to collaborate amongst several team members
• Availability to be flexible with hours - including overtime, weekend work, and shift changes - when needed
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
* * * * *
A+E Networks is proud to uphold an equal opportunity employment policy and employs personnel without regard to race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, and marital status. This policy also applies to all employees, consultants, and third-party workers.
A+E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
We are proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Please note project assignment associates are engaged to provide service to A+E Networks on a temporary basis in connection with a specific project. Project assignment associates are hired and employed through a third party vendor with a duration/tenure of no longer than eighteen (18) months. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.