A+E NetworksStamford, CT
This was removed by the employer on 1/21/2020 5:38:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the TV Network Category
Search for Archivist jobs in Stamford-CT
Search all Archivist postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Archivist? THE ROLE: Archivist, Media Resources
The Archivist is a central role within the Media Resources team, which is part of the Content Operations & Scheduling department based in Stamford, CT. The Media Resources team is responsible for curating and leveraging content from the A+E Networks in-house footage archive. The Archivist reports to the Manager of Media Resources. This individual role will oversee all operations related to domestic and international producer licensing inquiries for short- and long-form A+E Networks productions.
Primary responsibilities include managing the producer request queue, scheduling projects, and fielding communications from production partners. To complete these tasks the successful candidate must possess exemplary communication, writing, and organizational skills. The Archivist will also be the principal research archivist, responsible for conducting research into the media archive to identify relevant content for production partners. This task requires excellent research skills and creative thinking. The Archivist must also possess rudimentary knowledge of content rights management to ensure that only rights-cleared footage is delivered to clients.
The Archivist will work to become familiar with all other areas of Media Resources business as they will be required to serve as backup for various team operational tasks as needed.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Act as the central point of contact for all communications related to domestic and international producer licensing inquiries for short- and long-form A+E Networks productions
• Oversee Media Resources producer licensing request queue
• Schedule research projects and ensure all work is completed to high standard of quality and in timely manner
• Conduct research into the media archive to provide footage to provide footage for use in A+E Networks productions
• Curate and maintain digital archive repository
• Review legal documents and conduct rights assessments on footage deliveries
• Draft footage license agreements
• Serve as backup for various team operational tasks as needed.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you will have the opportunity to learn about all aspects of operating a media archive. You will have exposure to all the inner workings of what it takes to reclaim, catalog, and leverage content from the archive and collaborate with internal and external production partners to support content creation across the enterprise. You will learn about asset management and media storage practices and how to quickly adapt to a rapidly evolving media landscape.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required, preferably in Media, History, or Library Science
• Must have a minimum 3 years related industry experience
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Must be innovative, forward-thinking, and possess ability to adapt in an evolving business environment
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
• Knowledge of content rights management
• Ability to multitask and prioritize work as needed
• Ability to delegate when necessary
• Exemplary communication and writing skills
• Ability to build relationships with internal and external clients
• Experience with asset management systems
• Experience conducting media research
• Experience with Adobe Premiere
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.