Analyst, Content Insights
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: ANALYST, CONTENT INSIGHTS
The Content Insights Analyst role supports the VP and SVP of the A+E Networks Insights Group in cultivating content-led insights via the analysis of consumer and viewer trends, both historic and present-day. Individual must be inspired to be an active participant and crave the ability to form a strong POV. Further, person should be a creative thinker who wants to not just interpret data and results, but also help form and design studies.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Collaborate in the design of primary research studies that seek to understand tune-in drivers, program longevity, format appeal, and other aspects of content engagement.
• Develop a POV via data-driven insights that seeks to understand the complex relationship that viewers have with content. Understand the differences per age groups, across lifespan, generations, per socio-economic/STEEP conditions, along with other factors.
• Examine primary and secondary research sources in order to bring to life nuanced and detailed findings re: content motivators.
• Develop an understanding of format popularities across time and Internationally.
• Link insights to overarching Marketing strategies that aim to deepen the relationship consumers have with A+E Networks content across platforms.
• Understand how content affinity differs per platform, and devise means for A+E Networks to capitalize upon each.
• Leverage social media listening; have a keen understanding of the marketplace and data sets being applied.
• Aid in transforming research provided by suppliers into presentations that come to life and make an impact in driving strategy.
• Transform data into dynamic presentations that can be interpreted by persons unfamiliar with research terminology.
• Pivot from working independently to collaborating closely with a dynamic team.
• Excellent project management skills are essential, not only for their own responsibilities but also in helping Senior leaders charge through department goals.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
• Dynamics and data mining for content insights across the entire content funnel: content development, programming/scheduling, marketing, audience measurement.
• Creation and maintenance of disparate datasets, with coding for content genres and program attributes and adaptation/customization of syndicated data sources.
• Discovery, interpretation and evaluation of competitive strategies within the marketplace.
• 'Always on' content marketplace surveillance techniques.
YOUR STORY: [+BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• 1-2 years (Analyst) or 3-5 years (Sr Analyst) of experience in quantitative and qualitative research media methodologies and techniques.
• Strong knowledge/expertise and application of Nielsen measurement and related software systems required (i.e.: Nielsen NPower, MRI/MRI Fusion/Content Drivers/Cord Evolution, Star Trak).
• Advanced Excel ability (i.e., pivot tables, vlookup, macro); Tableau highly desirable.
• Knowledge or familiarity with other linear, digital or social data sets that are incorporated into our content analysis projects (i.e.; Magid, iSpot, comScore, Canvs, ePoll, etc).
• Excellent communication and presentation skills (specifically powerpoint)
• Will never deliver a ''data dump'' and will always want to move on to the next exciting project.
• Bachelor's degree required; masters or graduate degree highly desirable.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Do numbers tell you stories? Can you relay complex information in bite-sized nuggets to non-researchers? Do you enjoy influencing business decisions by providing fact-based recommendations infused with intuition? Our Research and Insights Team is comprised of wizards who practice the craft of ''art and science.'' We spend much of our time looking back at performance - and even more time looking forward making actionable recommendations for growing our business. We specialize in content, audience and revenue insights across all platforms. Come check out our pioneering work in predictive modeling, performance marketing and algorithms. Pocket protectors not required.