Administrator, Global Acquisitions
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
**Location of this role may be in Stamford, New York City or Los Angeles.**
THE ROLE: Administrator, Global Acquisitions
The administrator brings with them experience working in the distribution or acquisitions side of Feature Films, made for TV movies and/or scripted series with in broadcast television or streaming platforms. A proficient understanding of movie formatting for broadcast television is required along with a high-level understanding of various broadcast technical specifications such a video codecs, audio channel configurations and closed captioning.
This individual will be responsible for the procurement, receipt, registration and processing of incoming Acquired Movies, Acquired Series for all A+E Network brands along with Lifetime Original Movies. This individual independently corresponds with internal colleagues, clients and outside suppliers, gathering updated information on upcoming deliveries, redeliveries and technical QC reconciliation.
The Global Program Acquisitions Administrator will frequently be able to display problem-solving and priority assessment skills in the fast-paced world of Global Program Acquisition Services. Constant inquiries from suppliers, negotiating late deliveries, troubleshooting technical fixes, and answering to the needs of A+E internal clients will encompass much of this role. You will be working in fast paced environment where quick solutions are often required to solve problems based upon immediate airdates, and/or distribution delivery dates. Collaboration with the Global Program Acquisitions team members is essential in applying best practices. Frequent communication and collaboration with internal colleagues in Programming, Scheduling and Business Affairs as well as building cordial and trusting relationships with A+E program suppliers is essential.
The role will require someone who is able to pivot with the needs of the business and apply your ingenuity, industry knowledge and creativity to help in developing new workflows and approaches while also working close with our suppliers' partners to understand their needs. While based in Stamford, CT this position will be required to work from home as per current company policies. There is the opportunity to work in a ''blended'' environment from either on-premises or remote locations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
• Handle internal and external communication to ensure delivery dates for all movies and series are adhered to and notifying key stakeholders of any delivery changes/delays.
• Working with Senior Manager by participating in supplier onboarding calls, ensuring all workflows and information is clearly defined and communicated.
• Track all file deliveries; verify automated metadata; making manual modifications where needed; track each delivery through transcode and technical evaluation (TE).
• Responsible for technical evaluation reconciliations with program suppliers for assigned A+E brands and arrange in-house fixes when needed.
• Conduct research to identify license term start dates for theatricals & assist with the movie ordering process.
• Ensuring ancillary deliveries associated with media, e.g. scripts, timing sheets, caption files, fix forms etc., are delivered in a timely manner & saved on Box.
• Coordinate with Broadcast Scheduling to ensure all program metadata is entered into A+E's internal databases
• Maintain internal databases and tracking systems for A+E Enterprise availability.
• Participate in tracking delivery schedules and key dates for delivery and air.
• Participate in approving network timing sheets.
• Coordinate S&P reviews with Legal as needed.
• Provide day to day support to other members of the Global Program Acquisition Services team as needed.
• Available to work an occasional weekend or night as needed.
You are a self-starter who is calm under pressure, able to quickly pivot from one priority to the next, and manage time efficiently in a fast-paced, highly changing environment. You are energetic and collaborative, enjoy new challenges, and inspire others to perform at their best. Fantastic communication skills and cross-functional relationship building a must to ensure alignment on deliverable specs and timelines. As a liaison with our suppliers you must be able to communicate confidently at various levels including Producers, Executive Producers, VPs, etc. Comfortable receiving feedback and providing strategic ideas to evolve processes with suppliers. This position requires an individual who is motivated to learn and gain technical knowledge and business experience to be able to represent Content Services & Operations to outside program suppliers and across all A+E Depts.
• Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience working in Post Production.
• Basic knowledge of television production and/or post-production as well as knowledge of HD broadcast video and HD file formats is required.
• Talent for mastering proprietary applications. Proficient with Airtable, MS office, Sharepoint & Google Sheets/Docs preferred.
• Prior studio or content acquisitions experience strongly preferred but not required.
• Experience tracking life cycle of productions and asset management a plus.
• Self-starter, with proven ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced, growth environment.
• Self-motivated to achieve goals, highly collaborative, resourceful, entrepreneurial / innovative mindset, solid decision-making skills and not afraid to make mistakes, curious with great calm and a good sense of humor.
• This individual must have excellent communication skills and have the temperament to deal with many of types of individuals – internal colleagues, clients and suppliers, and display a degree of diplomacy and tact.
• Solid time management, planning and organization skills.
• Demonstrates good judgment, strong critical and strategic thinking skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Proven creative problem-solving and project management skills.
• Maintain flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned.