B2B Partnerships Manager
Whalerock IndustriesWest Hollywood, CA
Full Time Job
Whalerock Industries is an independent, next generation, media and technology company - a unique hybrid built for the unbundled world. We create and operate first-of-their-kind experiences, delivered directly to consumers by unlocking and exploiting the value of brands across traditional and digital media. We believe the most successful brands will partner with great publishers and producers to: create content that builds, moves, and aligns audiences; develops compelling experiences; shares data & insights; leverages co-marketing opportunities; and, above all, builds brands.
We are looking for a strong business person who has experience in strategy or business operations within a media or digital environment. The ideal candidate…
• Identify, analyze, evaluate, and execute strategic digital media partnerships and initiatives that support the day-to-day operations of all of Whalerock’s brands, including partners relating to third party technology vendors, content and photo licensing, data licensing, font licensing, digital and influencer marketing and software, content recommendation deals, and e-commerce and affiliate programs.
• Collaborate with BD Specialists, Legal, Ad Sales, Finance, Product, Engineering, Editorial, and Digital Video teams to identify the best partnerships, communicate key strategies and priorities, and oversee implementation of strategy and new partnerships/agreements.
• Develop opportunities across various digital, video, and mobile platforms to drive traffic and revenue, to access content, and to optimally position and extend our digital brands.
• Perform research, deal sourcing and origination, and negotiation of digital partnership agreements.
• Build and leverage relationships with emerging partners in digital and traditional media.
• A thought leader in proposing and evaluating strategic opportunities for Whalerock’s brands.
• Results-oriented, proactive, self-motivated, and highly responsive with excellent communication skills.
• A team player with demonstrated experience leading cross-functional projects.
• Someone who quickly assesses situations & acts in an informed, decisive manner.
• 3-5 years experience in Business, Strategy, Consulting or Finance within a digital media environment.
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• Demonstrated experience developing and executing business development partnerships, including strategy, contract negotiation, success metrics, etc.
• Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills.
• Strong organizational, analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and highly proficient at time management.
• Worked effectively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, and remains composed under pressure.
• A deep understanding of online, advertising, video, mobile, and social media.
Success at Whalerock Industries requires that…
• You have a sense of humor.
• You love to win.
• You like getting your hands dirty.
• You solve problems.
• You are entrepreneurial, smart, and passionate.
• You know the acronyms but speak in plain English.
• If you don’t know something, you say so, then go figure it out quickly.
• You naturally go the extra mile.
• You thrive in a fast-paced environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities and aggressive project timeframes.
• You give credit to others where credit is due and take responsibility for misses when they rest with you.