Intern - Dream Foundation
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
The intern will provide assistance to the Washington Nationals Dream Foundation, charitable arm of the Washington Nationals, from January 2018 through the 2018 MLB All-Star Week in July. The Dream Foundation is committed to improving the lives of children and teens in the Washington, D.C. region by supporting initiatives focused on academics, the arts, nutrition and sports. Through the generosity of Nationals fans and corporate partners, the Dream Foundation is using the power of baseball to provide a world of opportunity for area youth. The intern will assist with preparation for and execution of special events including, but not limited to, the annual Dream Gala, All-Star Game Legacy Field ribbon cutting ceremonies, Foundation Day at Nationals Park and the 2018 Washington Nationals Legacy Field ribbon cutting ceremony, as well as with administrative tasks in the office. The intern may also assist in the fulfillment of experience packages (first pitch, etc.) at Nationals Park for auction winners on game days. The intern will be expected to provide day-of event assistance for all of the special events that occur within the term of the internship.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist with silent auction preparation for the Dream Gala
• Assist with preparations for the 2018 MLB All-Star Week, primarily the All-Star Legacy Projects
• Assist with preparation and execution of Foundation-related events at Nationals Park and other venues
• Assist with fulfillment of experience packages at Nationals Park on game days as needed
• Assist with maintaining an accurate inventory of Foundation merchandise and memorabilia
• Assist with general office work including mailings, donor contact, document production, date entry and filing
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications required
• Prior office experience required
• Good communications skills (interpersonal, verbal, written) required
• Bachelor's degree preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Interest in sports philanthropy or nonprofit/charitable work preferred
• Day-of and preparatory special event experience preferred, particularly with charitable fundraisers
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• Gameday Seasonal: Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded outdoor professional sports venue. May work at heights. Employee will be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 45 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?