Intern - Business Strategy
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
This was removed by the employer on 3/14/2018 9:17:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Internships Category
Browse the MBAs Category
Search for Intern - Business Strategy jobs in Washington-DC
Search all Intern - Business Strategy postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Intern - Business Strategy? Summary:
This position, reporting to the Director, Revenue Strategy & Analytics, is responsible for producing data-driven analyses and recommendations to support marketing and revenue generating departments. This position will require knowledge and ability to extract data and produce insights from myriad sources, including the Nationals' data warehouse and external secondary research. Strong written and oral communications skills will be required in producing documents to be presented to senior Nationals executives, including the Executive Director of Business Strategy & Analytics, SVP of Consumer Revenue, and Chief Revenue and Marketing Officer.
This position will run from May to August.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Extract key observations and insights from Nationals internal and external data sources to support decision-making in marketing and revenue generating departments
• Conduct detailed analysis within Tickets.com's replicated database, including having a fundamental understanding of technical and functional data structures, data relationships, and key data elements
• Design, develop, and execute queries within the data warehouse's MySQL replication, which includes key Tickets.com elements as well as myriad other Nationals data sources
• Work with MLB Advanced Media to analyze Fanalytics (digital marketing) data to understand the effectiveness of various marketing campaigns
• Analyze surveys to provide meaningful and actionable insights to appropriate departments
• Provide strategic recommendations based on analysis in a clear and visually-compelling nature
• Use marketing tools, including segmentations and econometric modeling, to generate insights on market trends, customer behavior and sentiment, and current campaign performance
• Assess effects of dynamic pricing through well-designed price experiments and regression analysis to inform future pricing policies
• Develop internal metrics on prospects (potential season plan purchasers) based on extensive data sources to guide Ticketing department's targeted sales efforts
• Conduct ROI analysis on various social media campaigns / engagements
• Create and synthesize business management dashboards and reports for marketing and revenue generating departments, primarily through Tableau platform
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Undergraduate degree in engineering, mathematics, business, economics or a closely related field
• MBA preferred
• 2 years in management consulting preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to understand key business implications from extensive data in a data warehouse
• Knowledge of P&L structures and levers to optimize revenues and costs
• Ability to extract key insights from large, unstructured datasets and synthesize into key recommendations varying audiences
• High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
• Proficiency in statistical package, such as R (preferred), Stata, or SAS
• Knowledge of multivariate regression analysis
• General proficiency in data visualization tool (Tableau) preferred
• General proficiency in SQL queries preferred
• Ability to work as a member of a fast-paced and cross-functional team
• Strong sense of ownership and accountability-a self-starter
• Excellent communication skills and ability to tailor and present key messages to the appropriate audience
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from May to August? This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.