Intern - Authentics eCommerce
Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Unpaid Internship
This position, reporting to the Coordinator, Authentics, will work directly with the Nationals Authentics program. The position will be responsible for the end-to-end Authentics Auctions program, run through Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM). This person must maintain a high degree of professionalism, protecting the privacy and confidential nature of working with professional athletes. The ideal candidate would be pursuing a degree in business or Sports Management, have exceptional organizational skills, background in sports, and strong customer service skills. Sports Memorabilia knowledge is a plus. Must be available to work all 81 games and stay for the entire length of the internship of March-November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Authentics Coordinator in selecting player memorabilia for online auctions
• Assist in the setup, monitoring and closeout of online auctions and troubleshoot as needed
• Prepare memorabilia for shipping
• Conduct post-auction analytics and make recommendations for future events
• Assist in the assessment of product needs/supplies and place orders accordingly
• Assist in the management of all inventory related to game-used and autographed memorabilia
• Work closely with MLB Authenticators in game day fulfilling requests
• Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student of an accredited college or university and have completed a minimum of 1 semester or have recently graduated from an accredited college or university, or equivalent military experience.
• Available for the entire term of the Internship.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Must be available to work all 81 home games and other marketing events which will include nights and weekends
• Must have a high degree of professionalism
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge and understanding of baseball
• Interest in sports marketing, entertainment, and baseball as a career preferred
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Gameday Seasonal: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit and must lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you available to work in Washington DC from March to October?