Washington NationalsWashington, DC
Full Time Job
The Payroll Coordinator will work with the Payroll Supervisor to process the Bi-Weekly Payroll and assist with the Semi-Monthly Payroll cycles. Processing includes but is not limited to the following: collection of payroll data by maintaining the payroll and timekeeping systems and enforcing company policies and procedures. Perform the tasks necessary to process payroll for all cycles and all employees on the WNBC payroll, including PT and FT Hourly as well as Salaried staff, players and contracted staff.
The Nationals are a military-friendly organization actively recruiting veterans and spouses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Understand and maintain the payroll and timekeeping systems efficiently and effectively. Work with the Payroll Supervisor and outside contractors to update system functionality as needed.
• Integrates the hours and pay rates for Hourly Employees from a separately maintained time keeping system into the Ultipro payroll system.
• Processes Hourly timesheets as well as oversees and manages ABI Time clock and reporting system and integration into the payroll system – Ultipro.
• During the Season – works with the game day managers to ensure all new hires and terminations are handled timely, and that all event staff (400-500) per homestand are paid efficiently and effectively.
• Inputs manual monthly payments – such as but not limited to - Commissions, Car Allowances, bonuses etc, into the automated computer payroll system for Hourly Staff
• Works with the HR Department to verify changes in workers' records for wage rates, benefits, and tax deductions
• Edits pre-check payroll reports against source records, traces and corrects any errors. Prepares a coordinated payroll binder for the Payroll Supervisor to verify and sign off on prior to delivering to the Accounting Director, Controller and or CFO for review and sign-off.
• Handle all the printing/sorting of of individual paychecks for mailing.
• After Payroll close: electronically transmit tax file to tax Company, prepare and electronically transmits the funding requests and the direct deposit file to Headquarters on pay period basis.
• Manage payroll files in an efficient and concise manner for verification and audit purposes. Assist Payroll Supervisor with summary payroll, benefit and general ledger reports including but not limited to Payroll and GL summaries and Journal entries, employee earning reports.
• Assist the Payroll Supervisor and the HR department to ensure that all seasonal new hires are correctly coded in the Payroll and Timekeeping systems.
• Work with scheduling departments to set up events in ABI so that they map correctly to Ultipro for General Ledger reporting.
• Assist the Payroll Supervisor to ensure that all Company Payroll and Human Resource Policies are maintained and enforced.
• Four year college degree preferred and a minimum of 2 years experience in payroll.
• Effective verbal and written communication and presentation skills; Ability to interact with people of all different levels and backgrounds.
• Understands need for data integrity and pays attention to maintaining accurate and timely data, detail oriented with solid organizational skills.
• Proven ability to work effectively in a team environment with fellow employees.
• Ability to manage several complex projects simultaneously while working under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Access. Ability to meet deadlines under pressure and/or frequently deal with difficult issues related to people or situations.
• Uphold Core Values: Excellence, Performance, and Accountability. These core values set the tone in everything we do, help us succeed on and off the field, make a difference in the community and provide the best guest experience in sports. It is important that the person in the position commits themselves to these core values so that we can constantly move forward in the same direction – Together.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities necessary to perform essential functions
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to influence, negotiate and gain commitment at all organizational levels.
• Office: Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and/or evening work.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Do you have at least 1 year of experience in Payroll?