Director, Human Resources
Warner Bros. Entertainment GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
What part will you play?
We are currently seeking an experienced HR Director to oversee human resources for our teams in New York and Philadelphia. The ideal candidate is progressive, forward thinking business partner with a strong foundation in all HR disciplines as well as NY and Philadelphia labor laws. We are looking for a proactive, organized self-starter who can dig in and think big. In this role, you will lead the recruiting efforts for technical, marketing, content, and other business roles by developing the core strategies to attract top talent. You will provide day to day oversight of employee relations, compensation, retention, training & development, onboarding, organization design, etc. and will be responsible for fostering a culture of employee engagement. As a member of the leadership team, you will develop and implement people solutions that will drive the achievement of business goals. The position supervises a Senior HR Generalist.
More specific responsibilities include:
• Partner with leaders to identify company challenges and opportunities and makes recommendations to address issues and to achieve business goals. Monitors organizational health to promote a culture of employee engagement and empowerment.
• Develop and maintain best in class recruiting process and strategy. Will carry a small requisition load and will actively recruit candidates. Responsible for drafting job descriptions, screening candidates, conducting interviews, working with managers to craft search strategies. Develop and maintain a university recruiting program. Collaborate with Warner Bros. Talent Acquisition team as needed to ensure that there is transparency into the division's process/strategy and compliance with applicable laws.
• Manages multiple processes and programs to support organization culture, retention, learning and development, reward programs, and succession planning. Makes recommendations for new programs to achieve business goals and address concerns.
• Manages and delegates work to direct reports. Provides leadership and coaching to encourage growth and development.
• Makes recommendations for new hire and employee compensation and manages the annual review and bonus process. Performs market analysis as needed.
• Oversees the company's performance management process (CHAT) to ensure ongoing performance conversations occur across the organization.
• In partnership with the VP, HR, Warner Bros. Legal and Warner Bros. Employee Relations addresses and investigates employee relations issues.
• Ensure that applicable policies and standards are implemented and followed across the organization.
What do we require from you?
• Eight years in human resources with increasing responsibility and/or scope.
• Four years' experience recruiting for technology roles roles.
• Experience managing the HR function for a remote business unit.
• Experience supervising a team.
• Expert knowledge of New York and Philadelphia labor laws.
• Proven success handling employee relations and performance management issues.
• Facilitation and program development experience.
• Experience working in both start-up and large organization environments.
• Bachelor's degree, bonus points for a Master's degree.
The Warner Bros. Entertainment Group of Companies is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran's status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by law.