Summer Intern - Art & Cg Artist
Walt Disney Animation StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Expand your skillset into the world of animation! Walt Disney Animation Studios Summer Internship Program is an eight-week experience designed for students studying animation and computer graphics. As a Talent Development Intern, you will have a unique opportunity to work with Disney mentors as you explore various aspects of our character and environmental process. This immersive program offers hands-on experience focused on multidisciplinary learning and team collaboration.
The 2018 Summer Intern Program will be held at our Burbank, CA studio starting June 2018. To be eligible for the Walt Disney Animation Studios internship, you must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student who will return to school in the fall of 2018.
• Interest in Visual Development OR CG Art Departments such as Modeling, Look Development, Layout, Animation, Effects, Lighting. Multiple disciplines a plus
• Working knowledge/understanding of CG software such as Maya, ZBrush, Houdini, StudioPaint, Painter, Renderman, or Photoshop
• A reel demonstrating your experience and interests in the CG arts
• Strong eye for visual appeal required
• Problem solving skills
• Background in art, animation, or filmmaking a plus
• Scripting (MEL, PERL, CSH) a plus
• Current enrollment as an undergraduate or graduate student returning to school in the fall
How To Apply
• Create or update your profile and apply online
• Resume including Month and Year of your anticipated graduation date
• Shot breakdown
• Letter of recommendation from a current advisor, faculty, or professional alliance
The deadline for applications is February 4, 2018 at 11:59 PM PST.
The Walt Disney Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.