Full Time Job
The position plays a focal role between the Software Engineering, Media Operations, and QA teams, managing mission critical services to both and the business. As part of a highly collaborative team, the DevOps Manager role will interact with many technical and business resources across the enterprise. The ideal candidate is a committed, creative, self-motivated technologist who is interested in practicing his or her skills and learning new ones. Our environment is dynamic, fast-paced, and lots of fun!
• Manage application layers via automation to increase efficiency and utilization
• Provide core services to Software Engineering teams to standardize vital functionality and processes
• Research and continually improve capabilities to increase application availability and speed
• Continually inventory and document all applications and their supporting dependencies
• Build innovative solutions to reduce complexity and simplify application configuration
• Reduce deployment errors through standard tools and technologies
• Manage, lead, and mentor a team of highly technical resources
• Be accountable and responsible for the accuracy and completeness of assigned work and results and act in a collaborative, team-oriented environment focused on common goals to achieve mutually beneficial results
• Prioritize and manage workload and communicate issues clearly
• 5 years in a system administration or configuration role
• 2 years of either development or system automation/scripting experience
• 2 years of hands-on management of technical team members
• System administration in a heterogeneous environment: Windows, Unix, Linux, OS X
• Programming or scripting in several languages: shell, Perl, Python, PowerShell, Go etc.
• Use of automation, integration, and orchestration tools: Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, ESB, Splunk, etc.
• Virtualization and cloud technologies: VMware, Docker, AWS, etc.
• SSO concepts and technologies: OKTA, SAML, etc.
• SDLC and agile methodologies: Git, SCRUM, etc.
• Networking concepts: TCP, HTTP, DNS, etc.
• Advanced Knowledge of AWS (certification preferred)
• Outstanding written and verbal skills
• Bachelor degree from an accredited institution or equivalent industry experience