Sourcing Analyst - Post Production
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
The Sourcing Analyst will be responsible for supporting sourcing activities, projects and initiatives for multiple business units across Post production & Content Services. This role will spearhead modeling and analytical efforts, providing strategic thinking, business intelligence, and data insights to guide business objectives and maximize opportunities.
He/she will collaborate and provide team support in identifying, analyzing and quantifying global, regional and local Post production & Content Services spend and performance data. This person will be charged with designing, developing and maintaining efficient and effective analytical processes and execution improving business decision making. Practicing formalized sourcing best practices and abiding by standards and procedures, this position is charged with being resourceful, conducting market place and project specific information gathering and synthesis, monitoring supplier performance and ensuring continuous improvement. We are looking for someone that is intellectually curious and thrives in a highly collaborative team environment.
to include, but not limited to:
• Support leadership and team by providing vendor spend data analysis across all business units to drive company-wide synergies, when appropriate, highlighting opportunities with common vendors, agencies, spending, or processes.
• Analyze and interpret information from multiple data sources, constantly identifying new ways (e.g. automation & technology) to improve the usage of existing data, analytics infrastructure and develop new capabilities.
• Support leadership and team by providing classification/categorization, savings tracking and benchmarking of Post production & Content Services vendors across multiple business units.
• Work with team throughout opportunity assessment, strategy & project plan development, end-to-end negotiations, sourcing engagement, and contracting processes to achieve strategic Post production & Content Services and financial goals.
• Develops and compiles required Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP) to facilitate development of sourcing strategy.
• Partner with Supplier Diversity efforts to creatively include MWBE in supplier selection process and creatively grow existing Minority & Women-owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) spend.
• Conduct comprehensive supplier analysis (strategic direction, financial health/risk due diligence, market position, power within industry, capabilities & capacity, risk assessment).
• Has the necessary business acumen to be thoroughly conversant in the intent and rationale behind contract provisions from a business as well as legal perspective, and acts as a liaison between the contracting parties, Legal team, and management.
• Compile, prepare and manage Post production & Content Services and financial data in support of analyses, including data quality checks and integration. Translate data, statistical information and financial analysis into actionable conclusions, insights and business recommendations.
• Ensure reporting, metrics and dashboard deliverables are maintained in a timely manner.
• Create and deliver executive presentations that promote sponsorship or drive results and decisions.
• Liaise and interact with other departments and business partners, as needed, to analyze risks associated with the continuous changes of the Post production & Content Services landscape (i.e. data privacy, ad fraud, etc.), to minimize exposure and negative brand impact to Viacom, filmmakers, content partners, talent, etc.
• Prepare agendas and meeting recaps for meetings as required.
• 3 years Post production & Content Services analytics, sourcing or finance experience
• Experience in data analysis, statistical modeling, economic analysis, and/or agency/consulting experience a plus.
• Relevant industry experience and strong knowledge in Post production & Content Services and Sourcing, with particular emphasis on strategy, analytics, media, supply chain, digital, interactive media, ad tech.
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in project management
• Experience with data mining and analyzing large data sets
• Experience in ERP Systems, SAP, Tableau, eProcurement Systems (Ariba, Scanmarket, etc)
• Demonstrates and practices a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Post production & Content Services or other quantitative discipline
• Highly motivated, driven, and results-oriented with a “can do” attitude who can translate complex business situations and/or large data sets into innovative business opportunities
• Passionate for data and technology
• Strong analytical skills and an understanding of financial quantitative modeling and accounting principles
• Strong organizational and project management skills are a must to coordinate several projects simultaneously
• Strong attention to detail is necessary
• Strategic thinker, strong analytically and at the same time a pragmatic thinker
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience developing and/or presenting business cases
• Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment and work with others
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and Viacommunity outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status