Senior Devops Engineer
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to help build its Cloud and Compute team. This role will partner with infrastructure, development, and architecture teams globally to help transform Viacom into a cloud-first enterprise. Come help us weave together public and private cloud into a flexible and efficient compute platform for one of the world’s foremost media companies.
The successful candidate will be an avid learner, problem solver, documenter, and teacher. We are looking for a seasoned individual who wants to know what the API’s look like when presented with a new product. The candidate should also be well versed in public cloud, configuration management, systems automation, and general scripting. They will be a resident Subject Matter Expert with the eagerness and experience to drive any cloud-related project.
• Advise on the migration of all Viacom infrastructure to Cloud-based deployment models
• Do strategic testing of enterprise and media compute systems in Public Cloud
• Test and integrate Azure and additional Public Cloud platforms
• Build roadmap for automated management of Windows compute environments
• Guide the technical development and training of Viacom’s infrastructure teams
• Develop container-based applications and manage deployments using various orchestrators including both ECS and Kubernetes
• Drive testing of Private cloud for on-premises infrastructure deployments
• Be a voice for strong design principals and sound cloud planning within Viacom and in the industry.
• Work with Viacom Information Security in evaluating and designing security solutions for cloud deployments.
• Develop and present technical strategy with Viacom technical leadership.
• Advise infrastructure groups across Viacom in developing optimized cloud deployment models and in strategic use of on-premises systems.
• Partner with Viacom Project Management to plan global cloud migrations.
• Develop sound operational practices for cloud infrastructure with partner teams.
• Build cost comparison models and provide pricing support for services and applications across public and private cloud deployments.
• Lead partner organizations, as Cloud SME, evaluating technical design of vendor-provided SAAS solutions.
• Evaluate and plan adoption of advanced cloud technologies like PAAS.
• Work with client-facing systems teams to allow controlled and intelligent self-provisioning of cloud environments
• Acts as technical project manager by preparing project plans, interacting with other departments and guiding MTS resources as required
• Must have a thorough understanding of Scrum and Agile Project Management
• Should be proficient in using Jira and Confluence for managing and documenting tasks
• 5 years experience developing web applications in Python, Java, Ruby, or similar language
• Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline or equivalent work experience
• Expertise with AWS and strong understanding of another major public cloud service
• Proven experience with CloudFormation or similar template-based stack deployment systems
• A successful candidate will have used Jenkins extensively for CI/CD in previous projects
• Experience with Microsoft Azure
• Working knowledge of DirectConnect or other cloud peering technologies
• Version Control for coding and systems configuration
• Can take and analyze packet captures
• Strong inter-personal skills and experience working with global teams
• Detail-oriented and iterative in approach to engineering and architecture
• Ability to balance and direct multiple critical projects
• Comfortable working with formal multi-team projects
• Willingness to work alongside engineers and get “hands dirty”
• Proficiency with Linux and Windows Server Operating Systems (Expertise in one)
• Advanced knowledge of a major scripting language, eg: Python, PowerShell, or PERL
• Production experience with major systems configuration systems like Puppet, Chef, SCCM, or PowerShell DSC
• Thorough L2-L7 networking knowledge
• General security and RBAC best practices
• Can wield Visio, OmniGraffle, or another tool to build diagrams of systems, applications, and services
• Experience with on-premises compute and cloud platforms