Director, Sourcing - Post Production
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is home to the world's premier entertainment brands that connect with audiences through compelling content across television, motion picture, online and mobile platforms in over 160 countries and territories.
The Director of Post Production sourcing will be responsible for leading key categories, driving global sourcing activities and initiatives post production, mastering, creative content services, encoding, broadcast and original content distribution.
This role will serve as a strategic leader and contact point responsible for building and managing relationships with key vendors and Viacom business owners and will be required to identify global sourcing initiatives, drive cost savings and identify and impact efficiencies within the respective departments supported.
This role also requires the development and execution of sourcing strategies, with an equal emphasis placed on the ability to identify, analyze, and quantify opportunities as well as the ability to manage RFI and RFPs and handle vendor negotiations.
to include, but not limited to:
• Take ownership and responsibility for leading and managing for sourcing initiatives.
• Direct, define, and implement sourcing strategies and initiatives to drive the delivery of corporate earnings, growth strategy, and business transformation objectives for responsible categories
• Collaborate with purchasing teams where applicable to drive synergies and ensure compliance with policies
• Align regional and global organization structure to maximize achievement of sourcing objectives and strengthen our regional presence globally
• Direct the development and negotiation of highly complex, corporate wide, strategic supplier alliances encompassing multiple channel partners and multi-agency collaborations
• Evaluate and recommend strategic opportunities/initiatives to Strategic Sourcing leadership utilizing current and emerging business models, assessing short-term and long-term industry and strategic considerations
• Lead quarterly forums with suppliers to review project status and performance against deliverables and create mutually agreed upon improvement programs as required
• Gather, analyze, and document requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, and task and workflow analysis.
• Compile and synthesize both business requirements and external market conditions to develop optimal category strategy with full understanding of potential shortfalls and risk mitigation plans.
• Drive project activity through the communication of expectations, enforcement of deadlines, and creation and evaluation of deliverables.
• Manage issues and risks and communicate to management, when appropriate. Consult with senior management and project management experts as needed. Facilitate communication between project team and stakeholders.
• Demonstrate the ability to put a structured sourcing process into action in formal and informal negotiations, and leverage the process to resolve conflicts and build consensus.
• Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection.
• Create supporting documentation to applicable standards such that the value generated can be included in executive-level presentations.
• Define data needed to meet objectives and develop an effective plan for gathering it. Utilize data analysis to solve business problems. Draw conclusions from analyses that are not immediately obvious.
• Proactively seek information on similar, relevant, past agreements and apply such information to optimize current results.
• Provide expertise in key sourcing areas such as Production, Animation, Marketing, Contract Manufacturing, Digital, Distribution-Film & TV Content Delivery, eCommerce, Post Production, Distribution and Ops, and leverage that understanding to determine potential sources of supply, determine capabilities of suppliers’ product and service offerings, and relate offerings to stakeholder needs.
• Has the necessary business acumen to be thoroughly conversant in the intent and rationale behind contract provisions from a business as well as legal perspective, and acts as a liaison between the contracting parties, Legal team, and management
• Provide leadership, mentorship, and management oversight to sourcing team
• Contribute suggestions to assist management in the development of team goals or objectives. Participate in professional development activities to keep abreast of current industry best practices.
• Demonstrate and practice a high degree of professional integrity and ethical responsibility in all business activities.
• 7 years of sourcing/consulting experience (e.g., RFI/RFQ/RFP, reverse auctions, interests-based direct negotiations)
• Relevant industry experience
• Experience with SAP or other ERP
• Experience developing and/or presenting business cases
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or other quantitative discipline (MBA
• CPM or Six Sigma credentials preferred.
• Consulting experience preferred.
• Experience negotiating with suppliers
• Experience in contract development, administration, and/or management
• Experience managing multiple simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment
• Experience in negotiating deals with global vendors
• Experience in managing global vendor relationships
• Solid financial and/or quantitative modeling
• Experience in eProcurement Systems (Ariba, Scanmarket, etc)
• Comfort with written and verbal communication of quantitative and qualitative information with executives
• Ability to travel up to 30% of the time
• Availability to directly support and interact with multiple international business units
• A proven track record of cost reduction and productivity improvements; ability to influence and drive change while building solid relationships with your internal clients and external vendors
• Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
• Knowledge and interest in key sourcing areas such as:
• Media Services
• Post Production
• Film/TV Operations
• Physical and Digital Distribution
• Animation Operations
• Knowledge of global supply base
• Customer service oriented flexible team player with high energy
• Strong analytical skills; MS Excel proficient; financial modeling preferred
• Strong written and communication skills; MS PowerPoint, MS Word proficient
• Ability to work independently as well as lead and participate in cross functional teams
• Ability to collaborate in a team environment
• Awareness of best practices regarding vendor management (e.g., strategic alliances, supplier certification, etc.)
• Excellent documentation and requirements analysis
• Attention to detail and ability to analyze complex data
At Viacom, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and Viacommunity outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. Viacom is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status