Summer Paid Intern - Sports Ad Sales Research
TurnerNew York, NY
Full Time Paid Internship
What does our department do?
- Turner Sports Ad Sales Research supports Linear & Digital Ad Sales executives by analyzing data from industry-leading sources, finding key insights, & storytelling to showcase the strength of the Turner Sports portfolio within a highly competitive media marketplace.
- Representing the industry's most diverse and high-profile collection of sports media rights, the Turner Sports portfolio features NCAA March Madness, NBA on TNT, MLB on TBS, Bleacher Report, E League, PGA Championship, Ryder Cup, and beginning in 2018, the UEFA Champions League & Europa League.
What will you be doing?
- Learn & utilize industry-leading media research tools to find & analyze data.
- Using those tools, create sales positioning materials that place Turner Sports positively within the marketplace.
- Research future trends that impact Turner Sports' business opportunities & the Sports/Media industry at large.
- Assist research analysts with larger projects
What do we need from you?
- Positive attitude & a willingness to learn
- MS Office skills, specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Interest in sports a plus.
- Experience with statistical analysis a plus.
- Familiarity/experience with internal analytics platforms (Adobe Marketing Cloud, Google Analytics) and syndicated research sources (comScore Media Metrix, Nielsen @Plan, NetRatings, AdIntel, AdRelevance, Plan Metrix, MRI, NPOWER, STAR) a plus.
What's so great about this internship?
• An opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about the same thing you are!
• Networking opportunities to meet people that you'd like to know!
• A speaker series that introduces you to cool executives and what they do for the best brands!
Summer 2018 program
• June 4th through August 10th.
• Interns are paid at minimum-wage based on location and relocation is not provided.
• Participation in the internship program is reserved for students who are currently enrolled or within 6 months post-graduation.
• Most positions are targeted to upperclassmen and graduate students.
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.