Intern - IT
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Would you like to work for a leading global media organisation? Do you have experience in IT? If so, we'd love to hear from you. We are currently recruiting an IT Intern to join our team in Paris for a full-time 6-month position.
In Europe, Middle East and Africa, Turner currently broadcasts 68 channels in 23 languages to 124 countries. It is headquartered in London and operates local offices across the region. The brand portfolio includes EMEA's number one international news brand CNN International as well as Turner's leading kids brands, Cartoon Network – home of global hit animation series such as The Amazing World of Gumball and Boomerang, featuring timeless classics such as Scooby-Doo, Tom & Jerry and Looney Tunes.
The Paris Office is looking for an additional dedicated IT support engineer to cover the growing needs for all local actions to take on site. This could include any IT related user request to infrastructure maintenance, going through software troubleshooting, procedural edition and hardware repairs in the world of television channels editing within a European Support Team covering different offices in EMEA.
Main Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Daily support for all French users, handling requests by phone, by mail or in person. There are 100 working stations and 25 Edit/Graphics working stations.
• Logging and escalating service requests and incidents reports in a central ticketing tool to allow service continuity and hand off to other IT representatives.
• Day to day support of common OS and applications (W7, W10, MAC OS X, Office 365 / Adobe products)
• Day to day infrastructure service support (Servers/ Network devices / Printers / Patching)
• Manage IT aspects of new starters and leavers in Liaison with HR and WB Facilities
• Support documentation editing and communication for impacted users
Knowledge and Experience required:
• Experience in hardware support for PC's, Macs, mobile devices, printers.
• Ability to troubleshoot and resolve hardware & software issues in a network environment, and manage kit installation.
• Experience in applying procedure, and resolving software support requests (software upgrades/ drivers install)
• Ability to fix system errors and Microsoft office bugs.
• Previous experience of broadcast / AV support including Avid/ FCP/ Premiere / After Effects.
• Prior experience in a similar role.
• Team spirit, collaborative, service-oriented
• Able to work under pressure
• Good technical aptitude, analytical skills and a passion for technology and innovation
• Excellent organization and time management skills, with proven ability to multi-task
• Proactive, self-motivating and reliable
• Fluent English and French (both spoken and written) are required
• Knowledge of Microsoft environment (Microsoft Support Technician- MCDST).
• Knowledge of editing tools (Adobe / Avid) with relevant industry certification.
• Knowledge of new technologies basics.
• Knowledge of Database systems or video support abilities are welcome
Please note that this is a full-time 6-month internship position.