Tippett StudioBerkeley, CA
Full Time Job
CG Character Modeler
The CG Modeler uses technical expertise, artistic ability and knowledge of animation to create models that meet the quality standards of Tippett Studio and our Hollywood Studio clients. The Modeler works within a team and is supervised by senior members of the art department.
The below list describes the essential functions of this role, but other duties may be assigned, as necessary.
• Builds, sculpts, and maintains computer-generated 3D models for assigned story elements and designs.
• Prepares and builds models for characters and stand-ins for layout.
• Develops prop elements.
• Creates environmental sets and structures.
• Lays out UVs.
• Meets production deadlines and quota targets.
• Takes direction and contributes effectively within the creative departments.
• Effectively resolves problems and roadblocks as they occur.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills:
• At least 3 years of CG experience with Polygon Character modeling and UV'ing skills required.
• Able to develop multiple types of models, both mechanical and organic, that reflect production design.
• Maya and ZBrush / Mudbox experience is required.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Intermediate knowledge of Linux operating system and basic knowledge of shell scripting tools are preferred.
• Must possess abilities to follow art direction and work efficiently within a collaborative production environment.
• Fine arts background and proficiency working in Photoshop are a plus.
• Must have ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Ideal candidate would also possess knowledge of creating Facial Blend Shapes and familiarity with character rigging applications.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
To be considered for this position, please include links to your resume and reel. You may contact us at:
Please be sure to include the following in the subject line:
Resume: Your Name, Modeler
If your skills and abilities are a good match for the job opening, you will be contacted in the near future. We will make every attempt to contact all qualified candidates, but due to the high volume of interest on our job openings, we may not be able to contact every individual. We will not be returning phone calls or emails seeking further information about the opening or to confirm that we have received your resume. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online