Associate Manager, Employee Relations
The Walt Disney StudiosBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At The Walt Disney Studios, you'll help bring compelling stories to life through film, music and live entertainment.
Walt Disney Pictures seeks an Associate Manager, Employee Relations to support the Walt Disney Studios Human Resources team. The Employee Relations function is responsible for promoting and enabling a fair and inclusive workplace that safeguards the company's employment brand by ensuring that employee and company interests are handled in a fair and consistent manner. This position will support the ongoing evolution of the Walt Disney Studios' Employee Relations department and act as a proactive consultant to the business by implementing strategies that include best practices through collaboration with Human Resource Business Partners (HRBP), clients, Labor Relations, Legal, and other partners.
• Collaborate and consult with applicable partners on employee relations issues to effectively support the business by providing insights and recommendations, and implementing strategies that align to company practices and philosophies. Ensure compliance of company policies and practices by responding to inquiries regarding policy and procedure interpretation, and providing guidance to HRBPs, employees and leaders.
• Work with applicable HRBPs and business leaders to review and update existing and new site-specific policies.
• Provide in-depth expertise, leadership and project management skill application in the development and/or implementation of enterprise and site-specific initiatives, practices, and processes.
• Partner with the Studio Learning function to integrate employee relations related education in studio-wide leadership and training opportunities, including conducting specific training/educational sessions for HRBPs.
• Support reduction in workforce efforts by partnering with HRBPs to work through the established process and assist with compiling documentation and summaries for senior management review.
• Act as a subject matter expert on Studio critical response protocols (i.e. ER/HR accountabilities); actively participate in the company's enterprise emergency response efforts by coordinating Studio accountabilities.
• Leverage available metrics to identify trends/root causes and provide recommendations to implement strategies and develop proactive strategies to reduce undesirable activity and sustain positive results.
• Provide support to the investigations team by conducting local investigations and/or research as needed.
• Create centralized organization, and consistent and automated processes for ER activities to enhance partnerships with clients, HR colleagues, and Legal. This includes the case intake process and management, documentation, tracking systems and reporting.
• Cultivate a strong client oriented service rapport with HRBP teams, and other internal partners, that is based on a high level of collaboration and inclusion.
• 2-4 years' experience in Human Resources
• Knowledge of employment law and practices; able to comprehend Company policies/guidelines with the ability to effectively apply the knowledge to multiple situations
• Strong project management skills; can effectively handle multiple projects in a fast faced environment
• Ability to consult, respond to inquiries and influence a wide variety of key stakeholders
• Creative and strategic problem solving skills; ability to effectively resolve conflict
• Advanced communication skills; analyzes, interprets, and provides key and complex communication to team members, clients, and partners, both written and orally
• Strong analytical skills; ability to research, consolidate data and formulate observations/recommendations
• Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential information in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
• Ability to execute against multiple high priority projects through exceptional organizational, prioritization and time management skills
• High degree of initiative, independent judgment and discretion
• Employee Relations experience preferred
• Bachelor's degree in related field or related work experience required
It's the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It's hard to define and even harder to create, but that's what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Studios, an equal opportunity employer.