Title Artist - Nuke Compositor
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Disney Digital Services Title Graphics offers creative motion graphics and typography for original title creation on feature films, home video, TV and trailers, as well as international localization of domestic title work. Our team of versatile artist's works in graphic design, CGI, and compositing have years of experience in visual effects and animation.
Summary of the role
Motion graphics compositing of titles for various production formats.
• Set-up composites for multiple formats and versions
• Integrate all layers or elements of a shot (pulling keys, tracking, color correction, CG integration, etc.)
• Work intimately with other compositors, CGI and Titles departments to identify best technical and creative means for producing the motion graphic elements
• Identify, report problems and issues to department manager and colleagues
• Review final elements with team and client
• Absorb creative direction/notes and quickly apply changes
• Adhere to established department procedures, quality assurance standards and workflows
• Receive and send vendor files and write follow-up reports
• Become process owner of new workflows and document SOPs
• A solid understanding of color correction tools and techniques
• Experience working with cineon log files, exr, and linear sRGB files
• Experience generating 3D stereo images
• Sharp technical and analytical skills (can break down a job, organize it and set it up for efficient productions, problem solve)
• Strong organizational and time management skills. Able to work on multiple deadlines at once.
• Ability to adhere to established workflow practices
• Must have a meticulous eye for detail
• Must be a pro-active learner
• Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, and After Effects skills. If unfamiliar with After Effects, must be willing to learn it
• Comfortable with UNIX commands
• This position is covered by the IATSE – Local 800. If not currently a member, you will be required to join the Art Directors Guild after the first 30 days of employment.
• Minimum 3 years' experience compositing with Nuke
• 2 years' experience in motion graphics compositing for features, TV or commercials is ideal
• Knowledge Mac OSX (preferred), Linux or Windows operating systems
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, an equal opportunity employer