Senior Financial Accounting Analyst
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
At Disney/ABC Television Group, you'll help us tell stories that touch millions of people around the globe and find new ways for us to connect with the world. Now is your chance to be part of a transformative team and culture.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Financial Accounting Analyst interested in making an impact with a leading company. We are seeking an individual energized by relationships and motivated to make continuous improvement that matters.
This individual will have the opportunity to help drive accounting, external reporting and management reporting for various media business units, as well as the chance to work directly with senior leadership
• Prepare quarterly journal entries and supporting documentation
• Prepare monthly and quarterly account reconciliations
• Prepare quarterly departmental financial statements for review with senior executives
• Verify compliance with company policies and procedures
• Investigate variances and provide resolution of accounting issues
• Demonstrate understanding of internal controls to ensure SOX compliance
• Perform business warehouse reporting
• Research account variances on balance sheet and income statement for external and management reporting
• Assist with annual 10K, tax and governmental reporting packages
• Drive process improvement by identifying solutions to issues identified as part of the ''After Action Review'' process
• 2-4 years of relevant accounting experience, preferably within a Big 4 Public Accounting firm
• Proficiency in Excel
• Outstanding quantitative and analytical skills
• Exceptional organizational and time management skills, combined with the ability to multitask
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid relationship building skills and ability to interact with individuals at all levels
• High-energy level and a strong work ethic
• CPA highly preferred
• SAP experience a plus
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or any related field
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.