Manager, Research & Success Measurement
The Walt Disney CompanyGlendale, CA
Full Time Job
As the Research Manager, you will work closely with HRSL to gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative information, and synthesize multiple inputs and client/user learnings into succinct, insightful and prescriptive research. Additionally, you will research emerging employment trends, employment/data requirements that impact system design and information storage obligations for our markets globally. You are a problem solver who is organized, detailed and extremely collaborative and be expected to present to executive level stakeholders.
You will be a key driver in helping develop a deeper understanding of the pain points, needs, and preferences of prototype solutions that may scale to full global deployment. This is an enterprise role and one on which business leaders from across the company will come to depend on for insights leading edge HR system evolution and the regulations that guide our design requirements.
You must be passionate about the future of technology and thrive in an environment that includes a strong balance of independent work as well as working collaboratively within cross-functional teams. You must bring strong writing skills, a proven ability to communicate clearly, concisely and persuasively – both verbally and in writing. The candidate we are seeking thrives in a multifaceted role and is an expert in managing multiple commitments and projects simultaneously.
• Work with the Director of HRSL to set the overall approach to global employment regulations, data privacy obligations, and other related research efforts.
• Support the research strategy execution set by the Senior Research Manager for Learning and Talent Solutions Projects, including researching emerging trends and applications of new technology in the workforce of the future.
• Work with our HR Strategy Lab members and client business leaders to define the key questions to be answered through the proof-of-concept, pilot, and large scale deployment process of potential enterprise HR systems.
• Work with our HR Strategy Lab members and client business leaders to define the key success measurements and scorecarding design to support the proof-of-concept, pilot, and large scale deployment process of potential enterprise HR systems.
• Distill complex concepts and learnings to easily comsumable materials for non-technical, non-statistical leaders to support the decision making grounded in research and relevant information.
• Ability to place information into the larger context to help educate clients on the impacts, protential risks, and potential rewards various options
• Elevate the stature of quantitative research in decision making by providing a deep understanding of the statistics behind our work and methodological strengths and weaknesses.
• 5 - 7 years experience in research
• Strong, proven analytical, research, and writing skills
• Experience with public speaking and giving presentations to key stakeholders
• Exemplary collaboration skills and successful cross-functional work experience as well as the innate desire to work as a team to achieve goals; this must be done in balance with executing on research independently
• Academic and practical experience with a wide array of research methodologies
• Exceptional written, oral, and presentation skills
• Strong analytic skills with experience in research and analysis
• Expertise with MS Office Suite
• A strong interest in the business problems faced by our clients, and how social media and other emerging approaches can be leveraged as a solution in learning and talent systems
• The ability to translate complex data into a story that speaks to the opportunities and challenges as well as the broader digital ecosystem
• A high degree of organization, drive and career focus; confident, articulate and actively involved in HR and/or digital, mobility, and social media areas
• Exhibits excellent judgment
• Results oriented and has relentlessly high standards
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution
• Bachelor degree or related-level degree or equivalent experience
• Bachelor degree or related-level degree with a focus in research, statistics, or related field
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.