Manager, D&I Stakeholder Engagement
The Walt Disney CompanyBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
Diversity & Inclusion are critical enablers of this effort. To stay relevant in the market place, we strive to have the people and culture that enable us to surprise and delight our guests and audiences today and in the future.
The Diversity and Inclusion team serves as a center of excellence for the enterprise, leading the development of D&I business strategy, partnering with leadership across lines of business and global markets, providing subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices, and enhancing our inclusion brand both inside and outside the company.
The Manager, Stakeholder Engagement reports to the VP, D&I - Market for The Walt Disney Company, leading the stakeholder engagement across various segments as well as cross dimensional expertise to execute against their market priorities.
• Build and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key stakeholders to champion our brands across all markets
• Partner with our People and Culture Brand teams to assure that our stakeholder engagement aligns with all three pillars of our D&I Strategy
• Partner with CSR and Communications team to align D&I community programs with corporate efforts.
• Partner with segment Communications, PR , Marketing, Sales and PA teams to align D&I community programs across the business
• Make recommendations for and lead efforts that support business needs specific to individual dimensions of diversity
• Manage investments and budgets, ensuring that the highest impacts are made
• Develop and manage tools that measure the value of each engagement activity
• Develop metrics/dashboards in partnership with Insights COE, providing better transparency of company performance and progress
• Ensures business segments have access to appropriate information and insights at the right time.
• Provide insights so that business leaders can deepen engagement with diverse segments and while supporting their business
• Maintain a deep understanding of segment business priorities
• Drive TWDC reputation efforts in the external market through surveys, recognition etc.
• Partner with Communications, PR, Marketing, Sales, CSR and Public Affairs teams specific to Segment to champion brands across all markets
• Partner closely with HR Communications to find opportunities to communicate our narrative and our progress against our D&I strategy
• Identify opportunities to communicate our D&I stories that demonstrate market leadership and relevance.
• Champion employer branding efforts to attract the best talent that reflects our market
• Partner with and support segment creative and product development teams to ensure our stories, products and services are relevant and reflect our market
• Manage relationships with D&I allies and Subject Matter Experts
• Support segments in building capabilities and resources required to lead in their markets
• Enhance enterprise insight about what remedies are most effective to advance inclusion
• Serve as trusted counsel to segment business leaders on D&I matters
• Support the capability building of resource groups across the enterprise
• Ensure global perspective is embedded in all efforts
• 5-7 years relevant experience in Diversity & Inclusion and Human Resources (e.g. employee relations, HR business partner, learning & development, organization development, and/or recruitment) or related professional experience
• Demonstrates deep understanding of our Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucas, ABC, ESPN brands, lines of business and marketplace
• Challenges accepted wisdom
• Cultivates his/her own curiosity AND focuses on impact
• Experienced in integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, social media) into clear, actionable insights and stories
• Equally comfortable in quantitative and qualitative environments
• Has working knowledge of marketplace research and analytical techniques
• Moves quickly, with regular communication and visible progress against objectives
• Demonstrates leadership skills with the ability to turn vision into action, motivate others to achieve goals, and follow through on decisions
• Manages focused, successful outcomes with outside partners
• Leads so that others choose to follow
• Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-makers
• Communicates in clear and compelling ways (written/verbal) and adapts appropriately for the environment
To be successful, this leader needs to have four core characteristics:
• A keen mind for business and business performance.
• Deep understanding of diversity & inclusion and its business impact
• A natural orientation to collaboration, entrepreneurship and decision-making
• The ability to garner trust from leaders
• Bachelor's degree in a related field
• Master's degree in a related field
At Corporate, you'll team with the best in the business to build one of the most innovative global businesses in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Corporate constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company's many businesses drive value, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves. Come see the most interesting Company from the most interesting point of view.
This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer.