Data Scientist, Content & Data Product Strategy
TastemadeSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Tastemade is a global community of food lovers & travelers!
Who are we?
Tastemade is building a state of the art Content Intelligence system, that understands video, stories, and their impact on human emotion. Our goal is to revolutionize the way people interact with lifestyle content, through VR, video, and everything else. We have the top content creators in the WORLD, and a rapidly expanding library.
Tastemade is curating a small core of scientists and engineers to solve big world problems; you will have a lot of responsibility, tons of freedom and immense impact on the rapidly evolving content landscape. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Using mathematical modeling, quantitative analysis and data mining to quantify Audience Interests and Behavior
• Designing and running experiments to hone in on best practices in content creation across digital platforms
• Competitive Content and market analysis to determine content strategy
• Facebook platform optimization using Mathematical Modeling and Live Experimentation
• Work across Content, Engineering and Modeling teams to drive Product, Dashboards and Algorithm development
• Democratize data and algorithms in Content Teams by understanding their needs, tailoring data products and algorithms to them and evangelizing use of dashboards and BI tools among these teams.
This role sits at the intersection of scientific modeling, business insights and driving product, to be instrumental in defining our in-house content intelligence effort. If you have a passion for content and storytelling in the Lifestyle, Food and Travel spaces - this is the place for you.
Who you are:
• Naturally Inquisitive. Your insatiable curiosity inspires you to dive deep into solving problems.
• Analytical. You're a master at distilling data, analyzing a variety of factors (from the small details to the bigger picture) and deriving insights through quantitative means.
• Strategic Storyteller. You creatively and clearly convey technical findings to non-technical stakeholders.
What you'll bring:
• Masters Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
• 5 years experience working with and analyzing large data sets to solve problems.
• Experiment Design - experience with A/B testing, quasi testing, and adaptive testing techniques.
• Strong ability to communicate insights, focus on results, and driving organizational change through data and insights.
• An understanding of statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, deep-learning, clustering and classification, NLP, and recommendation and optimization algorithms, experimental design, causal inference
• Get in at the ground floor.
• Apply your chops to one of the hottest problems in the space
• Tastemade community parties
• Work on a movie studio. Literally. Our Santa Monica offices are the old MTV studios
• Plugged into a community of food and travel lovers
• Be truly global, we have offices in Santa Monica, New York, Austin, London, Paris, Brazil, Argentina and Japan.
• Stock Options
• Work with a cool mix of artists, actors, editors, writers and engineers
• Data is the biggest focus area at Tastemade right now. We want you.