Paid Intern - Talent Management/Development
Stark White EntertainmentNew York, NY
Part Time Paid Internship
Intern needed for a talent management company that specializes in developing and producing projects for comedic talent, including TV shows, digital projects and live comedy shows. This candidate will work closely with our talent manager who works with NYC's finest rising comedians, regularly seen on networks like Comedy Central, MTV and FOX and lifestyle personalities who have been seen on networks like Vh1 and Bravo.
You will work in a fast-pace, downtown, start-up environment and have the opportunity to be part of an expanding talent management company. This is a great opportunity to learn the various aspects of the comedy industry: live stand up performances, TV appearances, and production. If you're a comedy enthusiast, it's also a great way to see some of your favorite comedians behind the scenes and gain insight on what it is like to be a funny person for a living. It will also give you exposure to the ''business'' aspect of being in ''show business,'' all the while getting to experience some of the ''show.'' If you're interested in beauty, lifestyle, interior design and event/wedding planning, this is a great to be a part of the development of unscripted TV and brand licensing/endorsements.
Ideally this candidate would work a minimum of 2 days each week (minimum of 6 hours each day) in October 2017 - February 2018. Candidates must be organized, ambitious, detail oriented and computer savvy. Candidates need to be meticulous and driven.
Qualified candidates should have the following characteristics:
- Knowledgeable and passionate about the entertainment industry; strong interest in comedy or lifestyle
- Must be internet savvy and have experience using Microsoft office (Word, PPT, Excel) and Google Docs
- Ability to research industry trends and update contact databases
- Have a keen understanding of social media platforms and interest in digital marketing
- Possess exemplary written and oral communication skills, excellent phone manner, and an upbeat personality
- Supporting manager in day-to-day activities working with clients and producers
- Researching industry trends
- Help prepare pitches for production offices
Job Code: Development/Production Intern
What related experience or transferable skills do you have that will make you a good candidate? Please do not include any performance (e.g. acting, dancing) experience.
**EntertainmentCareers.Net Members, when using the online application system , we automatically include this in the subject for you. Via email:
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online