Strategic Sourcing Manager, Corporate & Administrative
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Strategic Sourcing Manager, Corporate & Administrative
The Manager will work with various domestic and international Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc. (SPE) departments to assist with the strategic sourcing and contracting of various services of indirect spend including professional services, legal services, consulting, facility services, human resources, and financial services among others. The ideal candidate has strong strategic sourcing/procurement experience, excellent interpersonal skills as well as proven experience in sourcing indirect spend categories, preferably professional services. The candidate must be a self-starter, fast learner, able to work independently, navigate ambiguity, collaborate with multiple departments, and establish strong relationships with stakeholders and suppliers to drive results.
Proactively develop and implement strategic sourcing projects in Corporate and Studio services:
• Develop and implement sourcing plans/strategies across corporate services, primarily Professional Services categories
• Build Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) models
• Execute Strategic Sourcing activities from the development and implementation of the strategic sourcing process, including demand/supply analysis, strategy, requests for proposals and information for large, strategic spend commodities, management of bidder communications, review and summarization of bid responses, stakeholder meetings, etc.
• Develop fact-based negotiation strategies and lead negotiations with vendors.
• Negotiate and draft large enterprise wide agreements that minimize financial and business risk and provide optimal terms and conditions.
• Assess and report cost savings, cost avoidance, time efficiencies, improved quality, etc.
• Coordinate sourcing strategies, opportunities and requirements with other Sony entities (Electronics, Music, PlayStation) as required.
Develop and manage internal relationships with stakeholders throughout SPE's various functions and across Sony business units:
• Communicate with a wide variety of clients at many different levels, in different business units motion picture, television, and home entertainment.
• Proactively meet with category stakeholders to maintain and develop strong relationships.
• Manage cross-functional teams, and serve as liaison for different units to consolidate projects or ideas.
• Work with internal customers and stakeholders to gather and assess requirements on a timely basis to ensure adequate flexibility in the sourcing strategy.
• Display an understanding of the assigned category and stakeholder business including their specific needs and preferences.
Develop and manage external supplier relationships and agreements:
• Manage and govern contracts and vendors for assigned categories, including involvement in client status meetings and contract performance measurement.
• Monitor performance of suppliers and serve as a resource to resolve issues.
• Maintain active knowledge of market rates and spend for the Human Resources and indirect spend categories and benchmark best practice capabilities against other firms.
Continuously identify opportunities for savings, process improvement, supplier and internal client relationship management:
• Assess opportunities for savings via spend analysis, commodity planning, etc.
• Monitor and understand the assigned categories and other indirect spend markets to identify opportunities resulting from new services/product offerings and/or market shifts (e.g., exit or entry of suppliers, changes in pricing, etc.).
• Research, create new processes, pitch new ideas to improve efficiency of processes procurement is involved in.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in strategic sourcing of indirect spend categories including corporate services, facility services, human resources, and financial services
• Ideally, a minimum of 3 years of management experience in sourcing professional services (consulting and legal services). Sourcing experience can be complemented with past experience working directly in relevant business functions
• Strategic Sourcing expertise in: identifying sourcing opportunities, performing/reviewing spend analysis, developing TCO, developing sourcing strategy, project management, development of RFX documents, contract negotiation, contract management, supplier benchmarking, contract compliance
• Experience in negotiating domestic and international service agreements
• Experience in drafting complex services or outsourcing agreements
• Undergraduate Degree (Required)
• Business, Finance, Legal, or Human Resources related degree (Preferred)
• CPM/CPSM/FCCM or other similar certification (Preferred)
• Proven expertise on indirect services, preferably professional services
• Proficiency in strategic sourcing, category management, and procure-to-pay functions
• Financial analysis, including Total Cost of Ownership
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong teamwork, leadership and influencing skills in a large organization
• Self-starting, ability to drive projects to conclusion and work effectively with a variety of people at various levels within the company
• Advanced project management skills and ability to handle multiple projects at the same time, achieve milestones on time, on budget and to deliver the expected value
• Strong contract drafting skills including the ability to draft and negotiate complex legal terms and conditions with minimal legal support, as well as the ability to discuss and explain to clients in an easy-to-understand manner.
• MS Office Suite skills (including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) (Required)
Attributes for Success:
• Self starter
• Strategic thinker
• Effective communicator
• Organized and effective multitasking
• Dynamic manager
• Learn quickly and apply knowledge
• High personal integrity and ethics
• Effectively manage relationships
• Make decisions quickly and effectively
• Logically and tactfully manage issues and conflicts
• Able to influence others
• Flexibility to learn and to work in a variety of commodities
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios