Spring Intern - Information Security
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Information Security Intern, Corporate – Spring 2018
The Information Security Group is a dynamic growing team responsible for securing Sony's information assets, services, and the employees that depend on them, to enable trust with customers, stakeholders, and employees and protect their privacy. The intern will play a critical role in helping the team achieve its objectives in four (4) key areas; compliance; operational; reporting/analytics; and strategic improvement. The Intern will assist the team with reviewing assessment findings, documentation, technology processes, and implementing controls in a wide range of environments.
The Intern will be expected to interact with members of the Information Assurance and larger Sony Pictures community.
The core responsibilities for the Intern, Information Security including but are not limited to the following:
Compliance Functions (~40%)
• Assist with the planning of future control and risk assessments. This will include assessments of entities associated with Sony Pictures Entertainment
• Support performing control and risk assessments. Responsible for comprehensive documentation of the identified gaps and related risk from the technical as well as from the business perspective
• Review external policies or standards related to Information Security, comparison and gap analysis to internal security policies and requirements
Operational Functions (~20%)
• Support ongoing risk monitoring initiative
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master's
• Experience with SQL, Matlab, Stata, and/or Java Scripting
• Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
• Understanding and ability to create data flows and process diagrams.
• Understanding of change management and Software Development Life Cycle processes
• Ability to manage priorities effectively and multi-task
• Excellent project management and presentation skills
• Demonstrate strong organizational and attention to detail skills
• Ability to write and communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, and foster collaboration
• Ability to pick up new skills through self-learning and on the job training
• Ability to adapt to changing or competing priorities
• Desire to support and assist the team with ad hoc tasks
• Demonstrated interest in Information Security and Risk
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios