Spring Intern - Graduate Content Protection Business Intelligence
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Graduate Content Protection Business Intelligence Intern, Corporate – Spring 2018
The Content Protection Group is responsible for protecting Sony Pictures Entertainment content within the physical and digital spaces through global enforcement, education to industry stakeholders, litigation measures, and through policy and advocacy efforts.
• Support data analytics projects under the supervision of Content Protection management
• Analyze trends in entertainment consumption and technological mediums for consumption (both legitimate and illegitimate)
• Aggregating and synthesizing content protection data
• Managing and building upon various dashboards and reports, specifically within Tableau
• Preparing highlights of content protection data to present to internal and external stakeholders
• Receive valuable real-world experience in using analytical skills to educate upper management, various business units across SPE, other industry stakeholders, and third parties
• Opportunity to accompany team members to meetings, presentations, and other discussions across SPE about protecting intellectual property assets.
• Currently pursuing a Master's or MBA
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
• Quick learner who is self-motivated, well organized, and detail-oriented
• Proven qualitative and quantitative analytical skills
• Experience with visual analytics software, Tableau required
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Solid knowledge of the MS Office suite, especially Excel
• Knowledge or experience in consumer research, data scientist projects, analytical roles, or the like
• Business, Research, Information Security or Information Technology background
• Interest and enthusiasm for making sense of the data and how it can help SPE business
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongside the teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios