Spring Intern - Franchise Marketing Television
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Franchise Marketing Intern, Sony Pictures Television – Spring 2018
This Sony Pictures Television(SPT) Franchise Marketing Team is responsible for supporting marketing efforts for all SPT properties, including first run syndication, network, cable, and digital shows. The Franchise Marketing Department creates both traditional and digital campaigns with network and cable partners, as well as supports and develops merchandising efforts and opportunities.
The intern will gain knowledge of brand and franchise marketing initiatives including broadcast and cable network support, digital distribution, social media strategy, brand integrations, licensing/merchandising, and all downstream series support. This opportunity will foster an understanding of corporate protocol, internal group division, and how a marketing campaign moves forward from initiation to implementation.
Throughout the course of the internship, interns will:
• Monitor the promo tracking for SPT series
• Compile digital audits on SPT brands
• Write script coverage for various shows and pilots
• Help support planning, information sharing, and global rollout for all SPT series
• Research online marketing opportunities and trends with partners like Facebook, Twitter, iTunes, and YouTube
• Research potential vendors for specific SPT projects and shows
• Help plan and execute all One Sony synergy efforts
• Work on special projects as assigned by the marketing group
• Enrollment in an accredited college/university for the duration of the internship
• A strong interest in entertainment marketing
• Computer applications: Proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• A firm understanding of social networking
• A passion and knowledge of the web, social networks, gadgets, and convergence of entertainment
• Strong organization and communication skills
• A desire to personally and professionally grow
• Ability to multi-task
SPE INTERN PROGRAM DETAILS:
The Sony Pictures Entertainment Internship program offers a unique opportunity to work alongsidethe teams that come together to create movies, TV shows, and other great experiences. These seasonal paid assignments provide meaningful and productive work that allow you to build your resume, experience and develop your skills further. You will be provided with challenging tasks, real-world experience, valuable networking opportunities, and many educational and social opportunities while on the lot.
This Spring internship is from Tuesday, January 9th or Wednesday, January 17th through May 4, 2018. All candidates must be able to work 10-29 hours a week with respect to their school schedule and be enrolled in an accredited degree program for the entire duration of their internship.
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios