Senior Research Manager, EMEA TV Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Research Manager, EMEA TV Networks (Maternity Cover)
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks operates branded entertainment channels around the world. The channels offer high quality film and television content from Sony Pictures and third party distributors, as well as original content commissioned globally and locally.
SPT's global research team currently has an opportunity for a Senior Research Manager EMEA, to join their team from February 2018 on a 12 month temporary basis to provide maternity cover for another employee.
This London based position sits within the Sony Pictures TV Networks EMEA business and is supported by a Senior Analyst EMEA and will report into the VP Research EMEA.
The successful candidate in this role will work across all teams within SPT Networks EMEA to interpret, provide context, and report on the performance of SPT channels, as well as provide market analysis and insights relevant to developing the channel strategy across both linear TV and developing platforms.
Additionally the role will help build and strengthen relationships with key industry research providers to stay abreast of key business and consumer trends, and effectively communicate their impact on SPT business efforts in the region.
Key local stakeholders include: Senior management, Business Development, Programming & Scheduling, Acquisitions, Digital, Ad Sales and Distribution.
Key Responsibilities will Include:
1 - Carry out day to day research tasks for territories that do not have a dedicated research team attached to their business operations (e.g. Italy, Netherlands, Germany)
These tasks include
• Be the first line of support with ratings/data/intelligence
• Manage all ad hoc and regular requests for both ratings based projects or custom Qual & Quant research studies
• Provide Regular Reporting of channel and programme performance within the overall TV landscape
• Support the Programming and Scheduling teams with analysis of performance and guide overall channel strategies
• Support any new business development initiatives with relevant consumer and industry insights
2 – Provide strategic support in markets that already have dedicated local research teams in place (e.g. Spain, Portugal, Hungary, Poland)
• Add value to the local research activities by driving a research-led agenda for executive decision making on issues of strategic importance
• Provide additional expertise and best practice where required to ensure research activities locally are ''best in class''
• Help connect insights across business lines and lead a collaborative sharing of research from other Sony Pictures research teams in the EMEA region
• Alongside other (local) Research team members - proactively promote research knowledge through open and collaborative discussions with executives, peers and client groups.
• Present / communicate TV trends updates at a companywide (Sony Networks) level as required.
3 - Collaborate with the wider Global Networks Research team based in LA
• Support Global Sony Networks initiatives at a regional and local level, in particular leading the insight gathering on original series and local productions for Global Programming and Marketing.
• Feeding knowledge within regional and global teams.
• Lead the ongoing development of the Senior Research Analyst, through close management and enable opportunities for further development through relevant training
• Relevant senior experience in TV research (typically 5yrs ), throughout the major markets/territories of EMEA, including experience across FTA/Pay TV/Subs channels.
• Educated to degree level.
• Thorough knowledge of extracting and analysing TV ratings data via TechEdge, experience of other ratings software also beneficial (EMS/ITVR/Infosys)
• Excellent initiative, organizational and prioritisation skills, with ability to work quickly and accurately juggling multiple tasks in a fast paced environment
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with various levels of seniority
• Experience as a line manager to ensure strong motivation and continued development
• Experience with Online Viewer Panels
• Strong understanding of qualitative and quantitative research methodology
• Strong interest in media, entertainment and television.
• Awareness of market trends and developing technologies across in European media.
• Must have solid PC computer proficiency with strong working knowledge of Excel, Power Point and Microsoft Word.
• European languages are an advantage
If you feel that you meet the above requirements, please submit your CV and a covering letter via our careers website in order to be considered.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London