Senior Manager, Digital, TV Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Senior Manager, Digital, TV Networks
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
At Sony Pictures Television (SPT) Networks we are defining and delivering the digital products for Kids TV brands such as POP, Tiny Pop and Pop Max as well as for our Entertainment and Movie channels.
The TV VOD apps, websites and mobile apps we currently operate are tinypop.com, popfun.co.uk, popmax.co.uk, the Tiny Pop TV mobile app, the POP ArtPad mobile app , a new Sony Kids TV app and a soon to launch Sony Kids mobile app.
The London based team currently have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Manager to work on digital products using the TV to help drive traffic but at the same time develop products that are commercially successes via pre-roll and display advertising and sponsorship.
With a dual reporting line into the Commercial Director (from a commercial and operational perspective) and the VP Kids International (from an editorial and content perspective), the Senior Manager will be responsible for the commercial KPI delivery, strategic direction, budget management, creative direction and product development across our non-linear platforms for our UK children's and entertainment brands, including VOD, mobile and TV apps and websites.
This role dovetails with the existing TV Programming teams who are acquiring content primarily for our TV channels. It will work closely with these teams to ensure content rights are protected, programming and brand strategies are consistent with TV lead but at the same time exploit (and create) VOD and digital content within the digital team.
To be successful in this position you will have experience of managing a team and will be comfortable and confident in managing critical stakeholder relationships. You enjoy working proactively to identify opportunities, solve problems and manage external agencies.
You will also have experience of supporting an external sales teams who are tasked with selling inventory as well as experience of implementing and managing ad inventory, maximizing viewing of digital content and analysing analytics to improve performance and hit KPIs especially across our kids business.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Budget and targets – Ensure monetary KPI's are achieved. Oversee digital budgets; managing digital P&L and planning new expenditure
• Monetisation - Build strong relationships with our digital advertising sales agencies to ensure the commercial viability of all digital products, implementing unique sponsorship opportunities and setting up new revenue streams. Diligently report revenues to stakeholders in the business.
• Strategy - Remain up to date on key developments in the market, highlighting challenges and identify opportunities around existing and new technologies and platforms.
• UX - Review and refine the Information Architecture (IA) and overall UX (user experience) to ensure optimal performance.
• UGC - Develop user-generated content tools which encourage a 360° experience with our TV channels and digital portfolio.
• Leadership - Directly manage and lead a small team of Digital Content Producers in the creation and commissioning of innovative and engaging content (e.g. games, short-form programming)
• Project Management - Ensure day-to-day updates and large scale projects appeal and interest the audience, and are delivered to tight deadlines and budgets.
• On-Air Promotion - Drive usage through the production of powerful on-air promotions and stunts.
and/or Experience Required
• Typically five years' experience developing and evolving successful consumer focused websites, VOD properties and/or mobile apps.
• Must have experience of managing a team and be comfortable and confident in managing critical stakeholder relationships.
• Must be commercially minded with experience of developing and delivering digital revenues
• Proven ability to take ownership and manage multiple projects, prioritise and deliver results
• Conversant with different ad-serving, video, CMS and UGC moderation platform and technologies; comfortable coordinating between different internal and external teams to solve problems
• Experienced with regulatory parameters, in particular around the collection of children's data and targeted advertising.
• Knowledge of API usage and web application hosting.
• Able to manage and control budgets effectively
• Experience of games and short-form video production and management would be advantageous but not essential
• Experience with Basecamp, Jira, or similar collaboration tools.
• A user-centered design approach to understanding audience needs and validating solutions.
• Experience within children's media would be advantageous but not essential - however an interest in the area is essential.
• A good understanding of social media, such as Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
• A good understanding of ASO and SEO techniques.
• Excellent presentation, communication, and influencing skills.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London