On Air Promo Producer, TV Networks
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
On Air Promo Producer, TV Networks
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
Sony Pictures Television (SPT), a Sony Pictures Entertainment company, is one of the television industry's leading content providers, producing and distributing programming in every genre around the world and for a multitude of platforms.
SPT currently has an opportunitity for innovative and creative Promo Producer to join their London based On air promotions team.
Successful candidates in this role will work across all channels to strict deadlines, generating ideas, writing scripts, producing self-op-ed rough cuts, directing voice over artists, as well as working with editors, animators and sound engineers to produce TX ready promos. There will also be occasional involvement with other creative projects spanning the on-air, animation and channel teams (sponsorship, re-brands, stunts etc).
Reporting directly to the Senior Producer, ideal candidates will be highly motivated, self-managing individuals who are able to work well with others as well as in isolation. The ability to communicate ideas and opinions fluently is also essential, as is the grace to accept constructive criticism and the determination to see a project through to completion whatever the apparent obstacle.
Key tasks include but are not limited to:
• Generating engaging promo treatments
• Pitching ideas / treatments to the On Air Manager for approval
• Writing well-crafted promo scripts
• Choosing appropriate music beds
• Editing competent rough cuts (knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Final Cut Pro preferred)
• Confidently directing voice over artists
• Directing the work of editors, animators and sound engineers who assist on promos
• Delivering all promos to the deadline specified
• Providing creative advice and assistance to colleagues
• Assisting with Project work where required
• Typically 2 – 3 years prior experience in a similar role in a promo environment
• Previous promo producing experience is essential
• Working knowledge of broadcasting processes
• Broad understanding of Edit, Animation and Sound design
• Competent self op edit skills (Premiere and FCP preferred)
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Some shoot experience (directing preferred but not essential)
• Any After effects / Motion based skills or sound design experience a bonus
• Prepared to work a shift pattern if required
• Showreel essential – please submit alongside your CV and Cover letter in order to be considered
If you feel you meet the above requirements we would love to hear from you! In order to be considered we ask that you please submit a link to your Showreel alongside your up to date CV and Cover Letter. Candidates who do not submit a showreel will not be considered.
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London