Manager, Product Planning
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Manager, Product Planning
The Product Planning team seeks to optimize the performance of SPHE's title portfolio across North American physical (DVD and Blu-Ray) and digital (EST and VOD) retailers. In addition to developing timely, informed, and analytically-driven release strategies for all SPHE products, the team executes and evolves SPHE's go-to-market process in conjunction with cross-functional leadership.
This includes: (1) setting release dates, pricing, sales priorities, and performance goals for individual titles, (2) analyzing market performance in support of product and segment strategy, (3) coordinating with Senior Management across Sales, Marketing, Consumer Strategy, Finance, and Operations to ensure cross-functional alignment in decision-making and execution.
The ideal candidate is passionate about the business side of entertainment and seeks expertise in transactional distribution. The candidate is an authority on the movies and television shows that drive commercial interest among today's consumers, and excels in structured, data-driven decision-making. The candidate is comfortable owning his or her work independently, and will engage cross-functionally as needed to secure the best possible outcomes for SPHE.
This position will report to the Executive Director, Product Planning, and will work closely with Commercial Leadership.
Organize and support go-to-market process for SPHE new releases:
• Recommend release dates, pricing, product configurations, and sales goals across all lines of business
• Work closely with brand marketing to ensure cross-functional decision-making (e.g. brand strategy & advertising) aligns with title strategy and priorities
• Coordinate with Finance to budget risks and opportunities, and forecast updates throughout the year
• Evaluate title performance against goals and market and recommend tactical changes for future releases
Perform market analysis in support of strategic decisions:
• Analyze and interpret product activity by lines of business and channels; isolate market trends and evaluate SPHE results against competitors
• Engage with internal teams to extract relevant trends and qualitative insights that inform decisions
Manage Cross Account Activity:
• Act as key liaison with account teams; ensure socialization and broad understanding of title plans and budgets
• Execute physical and digital pricing and re-pricing through the product lifecycle, validated by data and coordinated across account teams
• Design, organize, and administrate key national sales programs, such as title bundling, Black Friday, and digital Deals of the Week
Support Commercial Leadership planning and communication:
• Develop materials to support communication of strategy and results to content owners and other key constituents
• Work with Senior Team to craft and deliver annual business plan
Support the Executive Director in managing and mentoring Analysts:
• Leverage support of two analysts in performing research and building recommendations. Translate high level direction into individual tasks for analysts to perform, offering coaching to build knowledge and improve output
• MBA preferred
• 4 years of experience in an analytical role: consulting, marketing, business development, strategy and/or consumer research
• Passionate about movies and television; conversant in current products and excited to watch, discuss, and research new content
• Familiarity with entertainment business models and energized to develop further expertise
• Proven experience in an analytical role; advanced excel skills and strong modeling abilities. Powerpoint proficiency
• Critical, structured thinker – able to derive actionable insights from data
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and pay close attention to detail, have excellent organizational skills, and commitment to deadlines
• Keen sense of 'process' on executing strategy in a sustainable and scalable manner
• The highest standard in influencing and interpersonal skills, in order to build and develop strong stakeholder relationships
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of management
• Self-motivated and dedicated to performing above expectations
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios