Data Privacy Manager, EMEA
Sony PicturesLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Data Privacy Manager, EMEA
Please note that this role is based in the United Kingdom. In order to enable us to meet statutory and regulatory obligations of the United Kingdom immigration system you must have the appropriate immigration permission needed to work and reside in the United Kingdom.
From world-class feature films to TV channels, networks and hit TV programs, Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) has been delivering unforgettable entertainment experiences for more than 29 years.
We are currently seeking a Data Privacy Manager to join our Information Governance team based in London. This position is responsible for developing and operationalizing data privacy program, collaborating with business stakeholders, data protection officers and legal counsels to address regional requirements and promoting privacy awareness culture across the EMEA region.
As an ideal candidate, you will be collaborative and a strong communicator with the ability to translate complex concepts and technology solutions into plain language and to present them both internally and externally. The position will be stationed in our London office and work closely with the US office, so you also need to be a self-starter and work with minimal direction.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Privacy Management Framework Implementation – assist the implementation of privacy management framework across relevant entities in EMEA, which includes personal information asset inventory management, data protection risk and impact assessment, privacy training and awareness and privacy incident response management. Also, manage remediation initiative by partnering with stakeholders, including IT, Business, Legal, P&O and/or 3rd parties.
• Privacy Data Governance – develop and implement privacy data governance in EMEA to define privacy data lifecycle, visualize data mapping and data flows and maintain data inventory details. Collaborate closely with business, legal and IT stakeholders to ensure that privacy governance is in place to address risks associated with complex and decentralized environments in SPE's operations in EMEA. Drive process optimization with Information Governance and Information Security Subject Matter Expert (SME).
• Compliance Management – function as SME for privacy compliance initiatives, such as General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and assist stakeholders to comply with requirements for all relevant entities in the EMEA.
• Privacy Impact Assessment – collaborate with business relationship managers, technology engineering teams and privacy legal privacy attorneys in privacy risk and impact assessment to ensure that risks associated with complex technology solutions are properly evaluated and addressed. Also, assist project teams to address legal privacy requirements for key projects and present solution details to various internal and external parties when required.
• Incident Management Support – function as a liaison for privacy officer, information security incident response team, legal compliance and relevant business in the case of privacy related incidents and assist the handling of incidents in accordance with internal policies and applicable laws. Also, co-host the privacy incident management tabletop exercise to identify and address process improvement opportunities.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS:
• Typically 2-5 years of experience in data privacy or technical/engineering
• Knowledge and experience in privacy and data security laws and regulations, including GDPR, COPPA, VPPA, PCI DSS
• Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills
• Strong project management and reporting experience
• Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities as needed
• Able to travel up to 40%
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
• IAPP certification
• Knowledge and experience in Information Security Management System (ISMS)
• Big 4 Accounting Firm Experience or equivalent
• Conversational level or better language skills in French and/or German
• Experience in Entertainment Industry
Sony Pictures Entertainment is committed to equal opportunity in all its employment practices, policies and procedures. No worker or potential worker will therefore receive less favourable treatment due to his or her race, age, creed, sexual orientation, colour, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, religion, gender, marital status or Trade Union membership (if applicable).
* Sony Pictures - GBR - London