Analyst, Data Science And Business Intelligence
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Analyst, Data Science and Business Intelligence
Who we're looking for:
The Data Science and Business Intelligence team is looking for a fast-moving, technical candidate who wants to drive strategy and make an impact. In this role, you will be part of a global digital business that is changing the future of entertainment. The analyst will have a passion for Internet technology and help drive informed business decisions for Crackle, Sony's streaming service. He/She will enjoy working with rich data sets and cutting-edge technology. In this role, the analyst will have the ability to see their insights turned into action on a regular basis touching millions of people.
The ideal candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with manipulating and visualizing large data sets, as well as experience in data-driven decision making. He/She is resourceful problem-solver, result-oriented, a self-starter and curious. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success using deep analysis and data to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
What you'll do:
• Design, develop, automate and maintain innovative reports & dashboards using Tableau and other data visualization tools
• Build automated tools and frameworks to monitor internal and external data stacks across programming, marketing, sales, and product.
• Create topical research decks for sales support, including information on consumer trends in online video, mobile advertising, connected devices, advertising products, cross platform measurement and overall media marketplace.
• Drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
• Leverage performance data to determine greenlight models and content acquisition strategies
• Work with engineering teams and 3rd parties to implement experimental design around content recommendation, audience targeting, and audience acquisition
• Build inferential/visual systems that leverage and integrate with Crackle's various data infrastructures
• Be a primary contributor to a ''first of its kind'' analytic reporting suite combining disparate date sets (structured and unstructured), including Adobe (site traffic and content metrics), FreeWheel (ad serving platform), OTT applications, and third party user data to form profiles and behavioral insights of the ''Crackle Consumer''
• Apply statistical applications to forecast and analyze financial and consumer trends. Statistical applications could include: Time Series Analysis (Forecasting), Simple and Multiple Regression Analyses
• Consumer Pattern detection and development through use of Machine or Statistical learning methodologies such as Random Forest, Boosting, Ensemble Learning, SVM, QDA, LDA/Logistic Regression, PCA, K-means, Hierarchical Clustering
• Work with marketing and various groups to implement and analyze results of A/B Testing.
What you'll bring to the table:
• Professional and/or project experience performing quantitative analyses in entertainment, finance, ad sales or similar technology industries.
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Electrical Engineering, Statistics or other technical field. Advanced degrees preferred.
• The ability to communicate the results of analyses in a clear and effective manner
• Knowledge and experience using statistical software & languages such as R, Python, JPM, SPSS, SAS, Stata, MatLab etc.
• Knowledge and experience with SQL Data warehousing and query development.
• Perform studies to gain deeper understanding of how people consume streaming video
• Ability to translate data into insights for use in sales support materials (comScore, Kantar or similar)
• Comfort with web analytics, including exposure to Adobe Analytics and/or Google Analytics
• Advanced Excel understanding (vlookup, macros, VBA, etc.) required
• Ability to drive the collection of new data and the refinement of existing data sources
• A passion for a deeper understanding of people and how they interact with the world through digital media platforms
• Knowledge of experimental testing and design to support marketing and other teams in A/B Testing
• Ability to develop statistically valid models to use in forecasts and predications.
One or more of
• Expertise in data mining, information extraction and/or machine learning
• Expertise in user modeling
• Experience data visualization via Tableau
• Experience in data infrastructure via Alteryx, or other data wrangling software/language
* Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified appli cants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios