Admin II Corp Communications, Mpg
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Admin II – Corp Communications, MPG
The Sony Pictures Corporate Communications team for the Motion Picture Group has an open Administrative Assistant role in their Culver City headquarters. The role supports a Senior Vice President while performing a variety of administrative duties, including coordinating a busy calendar, booking and coordinating travel, handling phone calls with industry and SPE executives, expense reports, and some on-the-ground event work.
Discretion, dependability, attention to detail, thoughtfulness, and exceptional work presentation are a must.
Internship and/or administrative experience in the film industry/PR firm supporting the film industry is preferred.
• booking and coordinating travel
• on-the-ground event work
• Managing document flow, including creating and maintaining files
• Handling phone calls
• Distributing and following-up on documents
• Updating databases and lists
• Scheduling meetings and handling calendar
• Proof reading and editing
• Processing expense reports
• Other general administrative duties (processing mail, copying, etc.)
• Miscellaneous duties as required
• At least 1 year experience as an assistant or intern in the film industry
• must have strong computer skills (Microsoft Office) and be able to complete administrative tasks efficiently and quickly, as well as develop innovative ways to solve any problem that may arise.
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to revision
• Must be willing to put in more time during high-volume times of the year
• Commonsense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• Excellent communication skills – written and oral (must have a professional and courteous demeanor)
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios