Admin Assistant II, Animation Marketing / PR
Sony PicturesCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Admin Assistant II, Animation Marketing/PR
Sony Pictures Animation has been producing a variety of award winning animated and family entertainment for audiences around the world since 2002 including the movie franchises Hotel Transylvania, Smurfs and Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.
The studio will be releasing three theatrical features over the next year and a half including the inspirational The Star in November 2017; Hotel Transylvania 3 in July 2018; and an animated Spider-Man feature from the minds of directors Chris Miller and Phil Lord in December 2018.
Sony Pictures Animation's marketing department handles internal communications, studio events and external branding for the studio, oversees asset delivery to all of Sony's promotional units and partners; and is responsible for the long lead campaigns on all projects in addition to closely working with other Sony divisions through the various stages of release from theatrical to home entertainment, awards, and consumer products.
Provide full range of administrative support for SVPs including handling phones, calendar, filing, meeting coordination, and travel arrangements.
• Provide administrative support
• Cover phone in a professional manner, keeping proper call logs and checking voice mail
• Manage calendars
• Book travel
• Help with expense reports and office supplies
• Process and Track Invoices
• Keep the shared drive and online archives (Ci) organized by renaming, resizing and saving all files in the proper folders
• Support with all marketing events e.g. book rooms including theater, create basic schedules
• Create Keynote presentations, Excel charts and Word reports as needed
• Compile agendas and circulate notes for department meetings
• Keep track of ongoing marketing projects with responsibilities and deadline
• Order stationary and office supplies e.g. business cards, pencils, etc.
• Assist in brainstorming of social media posts and publicity mailers
• Assist with distribution of marketing materials for approval, including scripts, stills, and talent gifts
• Excellent written & oral communication skills – must have a professional and courteous demeanor when fielding calls & corresponding via email with senior executives, talent, filmmakers, and departments within the organization
• Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, and ideally Keynote)
• MAC proficient
• Exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills
• Must be detail-oriented
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize to ensure that all assignments are completed in an accurate and timely manner
• Must be able to meet deadlines
• Must be a quick learner
• Must be flexible – an ability to work well in an environment where needs and priorities are subject to much revision
• Common sense, dependability, discretion and attention to detail are required
• Must be a self-starter with a team-player attitude
• 1 year of experience working Marketing or related field (internships included)
• Demonstrated interest in Marketing strongly preferred
• Entertainment experience a plus
• Detail oriented, fast working, organized, resourceful, friendly, professional and can multi-task
*Sony Pictures Entertainment is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected characteristics.
* Sony Pictures - CA - Culver City Area & Studios