Senior Director, Digital Commercial Partnerships
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Director, Digital Commercial Partnerships -Spotify will work directly for the SVP, Digital Commercial Partnerships (Sales).
• Directly responsible for the Spotify account and the Spotify account management team
• The Sony Music business lead for the Spotify; relationship, account, growth, conversion, revenue, streams, market-share and playlist subscribers
• Responsible for Filtr branded streaming and playlisting strategy across all partners including development and integration to the US market
• Responsible for meeting account revenue, sales, content and marketing goals
• Work closely with SONY Music labels to share/communicate best practice, key account development opportunities, operational developments as well as prioritizing long term major/developing artists and campaign strategy for U.S. key releases.
• Idea generator for creative executions, with Labels & Spotify, on market leading innovative activations involving our artists and key releases
• Lead high level account strategy and innovation across the SME organization; Educating divisions on playlisting strategy, new technologies & best practices
• All touch points of Filtr playlisting & brand strategy in US Market. Representative for US on Filtr Advisory Board
• Drive new business initiatives with the account to maximize sales and exposure for artists
• Develop strong relationships across multiple areas within the accounts, including content/editorial, product marketing, sponsorship, operations, reporting, executive levels, and related 3rd party service providers.
• Share insight, analysis, and recommendations with accounts to improve our mutual businesses.
• Lead frequent pitch calls and business presentations with the accounts.
• Liaise with the Digital Operations department to ensure content delivery feeds are timely and complete.
• Regularly communicate the status of artist campaigns, new initiatives, and other account activity to the labels and other teams.
• Assist in solving operations, reporting, technology, and business issues to ensure efficiency.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Prior experience in account/client management or digital content sales, distribution, or promotion.
• Prior experience at a digital content services company or digital services provider preferred.
• Working knowledge of the music industry, and a passionate commitment to music and artists.
• Excellent time-management, organization, and communication skills.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and balance priorities.
• Strong analytic skills.
• Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.