Data Operations and Reporting Analyst
Sony MusicNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Orchard is an independent music and film distribution company distributing music from artists such as AWOLNATION, Kelsea Ballerini, and Skepta as well as films like Cannes Grand Prix Winner BPM (Beats Per Minute), and Sundance Jury Prize winner Dina, and The Hero. With our industry-leading technology and operations, we partner with companies of all sizes to make their music, films and videos available across hundreds of digital outlets and physical retailers around the world. At The Orchard, the focus is to provide a comfortable, social and engaging environment to encourage productivity and creativity.
The Orchard is looking for a Operations and Reporting Analyst to join our team.
You will be responsible to manage, create, upgrade and maintain departmental ad hoc and scheduled reports for the business while ensuring that they are distributed in a timely manner using SQL queries, Excel and automate processes/tasks using Business Intelligence tools.
You will assist on data cataloging, monitoring, dashboard creation, data integrations, market research, and deep dive analyses measuring our various ETL’s and data sets to ensure accuracy of data.
You will leverage your communication and organizational skills to successfully partner with Product, Engineering, and Strategy simultaneously. These partnerships will allow you to contribute to and help prioritize our roadmap as well as build out analyses via our business intelligence tools.
What you will do:
• Support our team by cataloging and documenting all of The Orchard’s data
• Develop and deliver ad hoc reporting
• Build dashboards and reports to meet business needs
• Work with Strategy and Business Development to identify new data source and integrate those into our systems
• Learn the ins and outs of our business
• Strong organization skills and ability to multi-task with competing priorities
• Experience analyzing, transforming, moving or manipulating large data sets across multiple data sources
• A passion for exploring data and extracting valuable insights
• 3 years experience in SQL (mySQL, RedShift, Snowflake)
• 1 years using a BI tool such as Looker or Tableau
• You care deeply about the quality of your data and the integrity of your work.
• Desire to learn new technical skills and practice continuous personal development
• Highly Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint.
About The Orchard®
The Orchard is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.