Sony MusicNashville, TN
Full Time Job
• Is music your passion and do you value the role it plays in our culture?
• Do people who know you well – and even those who meet you for the first time, comment on your energy and your drive?
• Do you have experience coming up with ideas for new content and then using your amazing audio and video capture and editing skills to manage the production process for both live and recorded content?
• Would you relish an opportunity to use both your right brain and your left brain in your job? To use your creative side as an idea generator – but to also use your logical/analytical side to manage projects and timelines?
Then consider this newly-created content producer role with Sony Music Nashville. The Content Producer will create and compile audio and video promotional and marketing content to be used in a variety of platforms - from radio stations and station websites to mobile and social media. The purpose of all this content will be to support the airplay, sales, and marketing goals for our artists.
In this role, you’ll be working cross-functionally with an amazing staff who are passionate about what they do. And you’ll be working in a fast-moving, deadelin-driven environment where it will be crucial for you to see a project through from initial conception to creation and delivery.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
In compliance with the Tennessee Non-Smokers Protection Act, Sony Music is a smoke-free workplace.
• Develop and maintain an ongoing flow of engaging audio/video/digital content that can be repurposed across multiple platforms, with particular focus on radio partners; ensure content is connected to over-arching artist strategy
• Plan, produce, and host live and/or pre-recorded audio and video content; leverage combinations of photography, audio, video, micro-video, animations, icons/emoji’s and the written word to create compelling content appealing to targeted fans; perform all project management and administrative tasks related to production
• Generate original ideas for content, identify suitable ideas from others, and plan and execute these plans; work collaboratively with promotion, media, and marketing staff and partner with them to coordinate scheduling of artists and guests
• Give direction to presenters, content providers, assistants and other crew members
• Create and manage budgets, ensuring efficient use of resources
• Obtain permissions or licenses for recording or broadcasting on location, and for use of music, sound effects and audio archive material, in consultation with legal and business affairs staff
• Build and maintain strong, effective, collaborative working relationships by communicating consistently with internal staff and external parties; communicate with artists and managers in order to better understand artist brand; communicate as needed to all ensure timely completion of all projects
• Collaborate with performers or other program contributors, ensuring quality of all content and following established production standards and rules and regulations
• Use skill and knowledge of digital audio editing, video editing/production software, and various broadcasting technologies (soundboards) to record and complete post-production editing
• Create audio hooks and artist soundbites to support single and album projects
• Manage all aspects of archiving content (time-keeping, archiving show recordings and files per company standards)
• Oversee Sony Tools site, including uploading content for use in weekly audio /video and streaming content e-blasts to radio & marketing/media clients
• Work with creative services team member to contract videographer and other external contactors
• Knowledge of how to create and produce entertainment content (both audio and video) and successful experience developing ideas and pitching to senior leaders (typically gained through at least 3 years of experience as a TV or radio producer or assistant producer)
• Proficiency with digital audio editing tools for recording, editing, and mixing (such as Pro-Tools and Sound Forge)
• Proficiency in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
• Proven success generating original ideas, thinking creatively about how to communicate them to audiences and demonstrated success pitching ideas to senior colleagues
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills; proven success tailoring and adapting content for different audiences and platforms
• Strong creative and strategic problem-solving skills combined with sound editorial judgement
• Excellent communication skills, complemented by diplomacy, empathy and patience
• Success developing and maintaining constructive working relationships with others, including staff at all levels and individuals inside and outside the company
• Ability to build rapport with artists
• Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure, and to react quickly to changes
• Success in a role that required independent planning and organization, setting of priorities, multi-tasking and meeting tight deadlines within a fast-paced environment
• Full knowledge of laws, rules, and industry regulations related radio production; knowledge of required clearances and licenses and how to acquire them
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, and social networking platforms
• Experience incorporating graphics into video content (with a portfolio of previous work)
The ideal candidate will also have…
…demonstrated tenacity in pursuing ideas, forging collaborative relationships while meeting goals, and overcoming obstacles
…experience as a TV or radio producer or associate producer
…knowledge of the country music radio market and audience demographics
Sony Music Nashville includes three country label operations – Arista Nashville, Columbia Nashville and RCA Records Label Nashville. Enjoy a challenging and creative atmosphere in the music industry! Employees work in downtown Nashville, Tennessee (in “the Gulch” development), and receive outstanding benefits including 401(k) match, medical/dental/life/disability insurance, and generous paid time off per year (including paid holiday time Christmas Day through New Year’s Day).
No relocation expenses will be paid.
Your cover letter is your opportunity to convince us you are the perfect person for this job! Tell us why this particular job would get you pumped to come to work every day! Also, tell us something about your experiences related to the job requirements (something that’s not in your resume) and why you’re the ideal candidate for this role.
Note: if you have previously applied for a Sony Music Entertainment job and wish to submit a different résumé or cover letter than the one you last used, follow these steps.
* Apply for this job online.
* Click on “Update Profile.” From there, upload a new résumé, or copy and paste a new cover letter. Be sure to click “Update Profile” at the bottom of the page when you’re done.